PDA

View Full Version : My first projects with my Compucarve.

DerrickD2
08-29-2009, 09:10 PM
So, I just got my Compucarve/Carvewright on Thursday. I was very anxious but catious. I have read some not so nice reviews about this machine, but I assumed that they were submitted by some people with a lack of ability and patience. So far I have learned alot about what works and what doesn't. I made a few mistakes and spent alot of time with the software, And I downloaded the software before my machine got delivered so I could be ready when it showed up.

Anyway, long story short, I am very pleased with my successful results! This is my first post to share them with the public!

Steven Alford
08-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Very nice!!!
Better than my first project!!

Kenm810
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Nice Job DerrickD2,

Welcome to the CW Form,
looks like your off to Good start.
Thanks for sharing your Photos
and please keep them coming.

DerrickD2
08-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Very nice!!!
Better than my first project!!

Thanks, Steven. I wouldn't call it my "first" project. Rather, it's my first successful project. I went through about 3 boards before I go the hang of it. My main issue was getting the board cut to the right size so the machine didn't scale it down. Now I know...7 inches longer than the cut area!

supershingler
08-29-2009, 09:20 PM
very nice work derrick

look like a long and happy relationship between you and your machine.

i too was one of the lucky to have great luck with my machine. sure i had a couple of stumbles but got them fixed and cant wait to get another project in the machine. i m in the middle of getting my shop moved so ive been idle as far as carving but will be back and running soon

good luck and welcome to the land of the Carvaholics

kendall

badger
08-29-2009, 09:26 PM
Excellent first project, welcome to the sawdust group.

geekviking
08-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Very nice!