PDA

View Full Version : End of board selection not working correctly

DWD
04-16-2006, 10:39 PM
When I load a board for a project and respond to have the project 'on end of board', this feature does not place the project there. Initially this was happening correctly. The project carves correctly, however there is at least 4 inches from the end of the board to the carving.

cmorlier
04-17-2006, 08:56 AM
A couple of possibilities...

When you designed your project, was the carving placed on the edge of the board? When we position and scale in the machine, we are placing the board you designed in the Designer not just the carvings on the board.

Did opt to "Keep Under Rollers"? This will add 3.5" to either end of your board to ensure the board stays under the rollers while carving.

I apologize if you are aware of these possibilities, but there has been a little confusion on these points and so maybe this will help clarify for other users.

DWD
04-17-2006, 11:14 AM
Chris, I opted to not keep the board under the rollers. As I was doing test carves with only one image I had placed them in the middle of the board. Knowing how the process was designed helps. Thanks for the prompt response.

Do you folks sell individual bits or only by the set?

cmorlier
04-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Yes, we do sell individual bits: http://www.carvewright.com/pricing.html.

Replacement carving and cutting bits are also available, and should be on the price list soon.