PDA

View Full Version : Sample drawings?

GRASSHOPPER
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
I am working on signs for someone and would like to send them some pictures of the project. I used the print screen button and pasted the whole screen into an email but that sends a lot of extra stuff that they don't need. Is there a way to copy just the image into an email? The print screen works but isn't real clean.

c6craig
08-27-2009, 12:29 PM
If you paste it into a paint program, even the free mspaint or paint.net you can select what you want and copy paste that into an image. It's just a quick way to grab a small piece out of a large image.

Just use the small dotted square to drag around what you want to select and use "file-Copy" to paste it into a new image.

Craig

cnsranch
08-27-2009, 12:36 PM
Do a search on the net for MWSnap 3.

It's super simple, and allows you to create a jpeg directly from any place on your desktop.

AskBud
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I am working on signs for someone and would like to send them some pictures of the project. I used the print screen button and pasted the whole screen into an email but that sends a lot of extra stuff that they don't need. Is there a way to copy just the image into an email? The print screen works but isn't real clean.

Put a process in between.
After you do the PrtScr, bring up PAINT and PASTE your image.
From there, you may select just the area you wish and COPY that image.
Now begin a new PAINT screen and PASTE the new image.
Go to FILE and SAVE-AS and name the file.
You may, now, Attach or Insert the new file in any document.

You may, also, control what PRT SCRN captures.
If you hold down ALT and press PRT SCRN, you capture just the window you have active, rather than the entire screen.

There are other methods as well.
AskBud

GRASSHOPPER
08-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Good ideas, thanks. I was hoping that there was something in the software. When you print the file it gives you just what I want. Maybe a way to print to the clipboard??

Kenm810
08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
I’ve been using Screen shots on my Pc for years
But about a year ago I found a nice little program (MWSnap) for capturing images on pc Screen that I can set any size I want.
The down load is Free --- the best part is it’s really easy to use. Set Size, Shoot, Save to file or Desk Top and it’s ready to Print, Paste, Post or Email
Ps. it’s also fun to use
http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524228.html (http://download.cnet.com/MWSnap/3000-2072_4-10524228.html)

GRASSHOPPER
08-27-2009, 07:31 PM
I downloaded the snap and it is great to use. Thanks to all of you.

hogiewan
08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Paint.NET is a good image editing program to have anyway. I use it for screenshots as well. You can select what you want and then crop the image.

Kenm810
08-28-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree with hogiewan,
I also have used Paint.Net, in Windows use (Ctrl prtScn)to capture the Screen shot.
Open Paint.Net -- click Edit then paste Screen shot, use the rectangle select option,
then click the Image option to crop your screen shot, resize if necessary and then save your new picture.
It all takes about 15 to 20 seconds or less.

http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3000-2192_4-10338146.html?part=dl-6265418&subj=dl&tag=button