PDA

View Full Version : Jammed Z Truck

Hank
08-26-2009, 05:24 PM
To make a long story long yesterday I did a new carve using 1.152, well at least I tried to do a 2 sided carve. Just as it finished the back side of the carve I got a Z axis stall. I found that the Z truck was jammed at the top end of travel. It took a tremendous amount of pressure to move the truck down. It felt bumpy as I moved it up and down. When I moved it to the top 1 inch of travel it jammed again. Today I took the machine apart. I removed the Z truck and the Z motor. (By the way for your information the Z truck rails are 1/4" dia steel rods that fell out when I removed the truck.) Surprise surprise! No mention of this in the manual. Could have ripped the sandpaper. Well anyway after cleaning the bearings and rails I reassembled everything. The Z truck moved up and down like it was gliding on ice. Walla problem solved. Deleted the back side of the carve and proceeded to finish the front side. 45 minutes into the carve, you guessed it, Z axis stall. The truck was jammed at the top again. What's going on? I need a permanent solution.

Sorry for the long winded post. I had to take out my frustrations somewhere.

Please help;
Hank

Hank
08-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Sorry for the mis-information about the loose rails. It was in fact mentioned in the PDF.

Hank

Digitalwoodshop
08-26-2009, 07:56 PM
I always place some MASKING TAPE to hold the rails as yes.... I dropped them many of times....

I would look for a crack in the 14 pin cable.... A loose connector.... A Bad Servo Motor..... A bad Servo Driver in the computer......

It is something causing a miss balance in the servo... Like riding a bike with one hand....

Replacing parts is the only way to find the problem....

AL