PDA

View Full Version : Holy %$#@!!! The rock chuck...

lawrence
08-26-2009, 04:52 PM
Well, yesterday I got my QC off and put the rock chuck on. Today I decided to give 'er a try for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

tons quieter-- by tons I mean... LOML commented that she thought my dust collector was running... trust me when I say she KNEW when it was the carvewright before...

vibration seemed to be cut down to NIL...

it was much easier to change bits, and I was more confident that the bits were seated properly...

dust didn't fly everywhere... it pooled evenly in piles

I don't gush on about tools very often but the overall difference is stunning... like the sound and vibration difference between a benchtop tablesaw and a unisaw....

Great product Ron... worth every penny

Lawrence

rjustice
08-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, yesterday I got my QC off and put the rock chuck on. Today I decided to give 'er a try for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!!!!

tons quieter-- by tons I mean... LOML commented that she thought my dust collector was running... trust me when I say she KNEW when it was the carvewright before...

vibration seemed to be cut down to NIL...

it was much easier to change bits, and I was more confident that the bits were seated properly...

dust didn't fly everywhere... it pooled evenly in piles

I don't gush on about tools very often but the overall difference is stunning... like the sound and vibration difference between a benchtop tablesaw and a unisaw....

Great product Ron... worth every penny

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
I am glad to hear you like your new Rock Chuck system. I sincerely appreciate the kind words...

Happy Carving!

Ron

Rick P
08-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Lawrence - I had the same results and reaction to the Rock !!!