PDA

View Full Version : mirror image and cut path

dbjorkman
08-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Hello:
I am new to carvewright and could use some help. I would like to cut an internal cut in a heart I have drawn. The cut path apparently will not work when using a mirror image in a drawning. Any suggestions?

AskBud
08-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Hello:
I am new to carvewright and could use some help. I would like to cut an internal cut in a heart I have drawn. The cut path apparently will not work when using a mirror image in a drawning. Any suggestions?

You are going in the right direction. You just need to "apply" the cut path to the mirror images of the outline. As you have found, the cut does not transfer, you just get the outline.
AskBud

dbjorkman
08-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks for responding.
When I tried to use cut path, the i con is unusable. How do I apply the cut path to the mirror image?

AskBud
08-26-2009, 03:07 PM
I sent you a PM.
AskBud

hogiewan
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM
Why a PM - how is this accomplished?

I want to make a cutout of a symmetric shape. I thought I could draw one side and do a mirror and assign them to cutout, but it is apparently not connected.

AskBud
11-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Why a PM - how is this accomplished?

I want to make a cutout of a symmetric shape. I thought I could draw one side and do a mirror and assign them to cutout, but it is apparently not connected.
A PM is a private message. You just click on the Name of the person and select the PM option.
AskBud

hogiewan
11-23-2009, 09:15 PM
A PM is a private message. You just click on the Name of the person and select the PM option.
AskBud

I know what a PM is - I asked why. Why answer a question privately so that it cannot be searched for later?

AskBud
11-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I know what a PM is - I asked why. Why answer a question privately so that it cannot be searched for later?

I was not trying to 'Hide" anything, simply shorten the discovery process.
As long as your "symmetric shape" is a "Closed Figure" you may apply a Cut-Path, or Carved Area.

We could better assist you by looking at your MPC rather than talking hypothetically.
AskBud