PDA

View Full Version : Forum comes thruough again!!

Woodhacker
08-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share an experience I had with a carve. I had started the carve (little over 2 hours timewise) and done the necessary stopping to vacuum, etc. I left the room for a while and when I came back in, the carve was done. Or so I thought. Anyhoooo, I took the board out of the machine and headed for the sanding station. When I got there, I realized that the carving had stopped, but not finished. It lacked a couple of inches. Panic time!! I figured it was another learning piece of scrap wood until I went back into the forums and did a little research. Found a way to rescue an aborted carve, but was not too sure it would work after the piece was removed from the machine. But, ya just never know until you try. Put the carving back into the machine a couple days later and went through all the measuring and stuff and it just took off almost perfectly where it left off. There is about a 32nd of an inch (maybe even smaller) that I will easily be able to put a sharp craft knife to and then do some minor sanding and no one will ever know (except us chickens...lol) that it was messed up to start with. I gues I am really writing this to say THANX to everyone who jumps in to help. It is appreciated.

hogiewan
08-25-2009, 10:46 AM
That's awesome - Do you have pics?

Woodhacker
08-25-2009, 08:06 PM
Don't have any pics as of yet, but will get some soon. Probably tomorow. Carve is done and only needs to be finished (stained).

Richard