PDA

View Full Version : MEMORY CARD QUESTION

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2006, 07:13 PM
HELP-- My computor died last week,ended up getting a new one.
question-- the project I was working on at the time is still on the memory card. what I need to do is bring this project back to the software project page so I can edit some carvings out of the project and continue carving the rest of the project. I lost all my saved projects and the machine alarmed out after carving the carvings in my project but I still have lettering that I would like to continue on with. does this make sence to anyone . can anyone help. Daniel in Missouri.

ditchdoc
04-14-2006, 08:35 PM
I would think that if you put the card in the reader (which is connected to your new computer) that you could open the project and then save it to your computer. That whole file should now be saved, assuming the whole project was on the card to begin with. I assume you have loaded the Carvewright software to your new computer? Is this too simple, or am I missing something? I would think that you could upload from the card to your hard drive as easily as vice-versa. I'm sure the experts at Carvewright will have a solution, if I'm wrong. :?

Jwade
04-14-2006, 09:34 PM
Daniel,
I have attempted to upload a project from my card that I forgot to save on my computer. I have never been able to do so. This is a question I have had for Carvewright as well. I would think we would be able to somehow. But then again I am no computer programer by any means. :?
John

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the replies, ya I can see that the projects are on the memory card by uploading another project but I don't see any way to bring it back in to the software.I lost all my saved projects when the computor went south later Daniel in Missouri
The only way I can see to finish my project is to start the machine at the beginning, and then lift the lid and remove the carving bit right before it starts to carve the project again. I tried this and it will work,but my machine ran over an hour carving the project the first time and I really didn't want the machine running that long just to get back to the second operation.

Dan-Woodman
04-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Well I did it , as I described in the last post. I finished my sign. Ijust had to let the machine run with no bit. But no alarms this time ,I think you guys at cw are getting the bugs OUT. Thanks Daniel in Missouri

cmorlier
04-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi Daniel,

I'm glad you were able to get it to work for you.

For future knowledge, the project that is uploaded to the memory card is not the same as the project that gets saved to the hard drive. Basically, the memory card version is just the carving instructions.

shabang
04-17-2006, 06:39 PM
This may be a bit to late but...

If the hard drive is not dead in your old machine you can put it as a slave drive in the new computer and get your files off of it.

Just a thought.

Dan-Woodman
04-17-2006, 07:06 PM
we had to get a hole new computor, they did transfer most everything to an external hard drive first, but we haven't been able to find any cw pictures. later Daniel

RobertP
04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Dan, if you can get that hard drive the files can be retrieved from it, even if it was formatted, if you can get hold of let me know and I can get them off for you.

Dan-Woodman
04-18-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the info Robert,I think I'm good for now,my wife informs me most everything has been retrieved. later Daniel

Dan-Woodman
05-05-2006, 06:57 PM
In regards to this same project above, I'm trying to carve a drawer front of the same project. I carved my pattern on MDF board first, witch came out great. So when I put the Oak in It carved about 3/4 of the pattern and z-axis alarm. The motor still runs but the bit stops.and then the alarm. I already have that square brass ring on the flex shaft thats suppose to stop the shaft from pulling out of the motor.
Before, After cleaning and lubricating the flex shaft, I was able to start the machine at the beginning and just before it started carving I lifted the lid ( and everything stopped) and removed the bit closed the lid and it continued running until it got back to where it stopped. reinstalled the bit and it continued carving the project.
This time I did the same thing but when I lifted the lid the motor stopped but not the x-y-z movment. I tryed closing the lid and opening it several times but just the same thing. I had to push stop and abort my project . any help for finishing this up.

Dan-Woodman
05-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Well I did finish my project, after removing the flex shaft and cleaning and relubricating and inserting a new piece of wood. It seems I can only run 2-3 hrs. before this happens. I'm using White Lithium spray lubricant on the shaft. should that square brass ring be crimped on the flex shaft?
The motor end of the shaft appears to be rounded over on the end.
later Daniel