PDA

View Full Version : More architectural elements

pkunk
04-13-2006, 02:02 PM
I like to see more architectural elements added to the software. Possibly as an add-on. left & right rope, more rosettes, line type designs(for Frame stock), etc.

yenne
04-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Erik has been collecting new items for the library, and I will let him know.

applik
04-13-2006, 07:11 PM
deleted

DWD
04-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Britt, I agree importing our own images. I have tried several times to import an image. To simplify I imported a simple scroll saw pattern that was very uncomplicated and black and white. The result from the carving had several areas (in the black area) where a hole was carved in.
See attachment for imagee imported.

yenne
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
We get some of our patterns by performing 3D scans of carvings on older furniture, molding, panels, etc. -- anything well out of copyright. Some are original designs, carvings, or constructions. There's been talk of commissioning some original carvings for the library, as well as possibly hiring a graphics designer.

However, many of our customers obviously want to lean more heavily on import than on the library. We are working on better import features from existing modeling programs as a high priority, including a methodology to import and manipulate black-and-white patterns. We are also working on the scanning probe attachment, which will bring to our customers the same 3D scanning technology we use to populate the library. These features, together, will allow anyone to import designs of their choosing and according to their level of skill.

Regarding Corel in particular, we're very impressed with your elk head, Shari, and I'm working right now to implement the multiple-object scaling feature you need to manage the artwork you create. Corel's drawing tools together with our software's 3D merging features make a nice combination.

applik
04-14-2006, 12:55 PM
deleted

yenne
04-14-2006, 06:35 PM
... the design process is much too time consuming to be profitable unless I could export designs to the CW software via the design software of my choice.

If not Corel, what is the software of your choice? What 3D format does it export?

I'd love to chat about your terms for commissioned artwork. Incidentally, it was always our intention to allow third parties to design and sell their own artwork libraries, if that's the route you'd rather go. The software is designed to support this.