PDA

View Full Version : Switch covers installed

autobodyman
08-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Well got a few covers finished and installed, quite a few more to make yet.

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100503/109824/Sw115689.jpg
The main body is maple, the grapes are purpleheart, the cheese, label on bottle and cork on bottle are yellowheart, knife handle is ebony, knife blade is hard maple, wine is redwood burl, wineglass is maple, the wine bottle is walnut. I've got 2 more single light switches and 8 outlet covers to make to match these for our kitchen. Though I may go with some slight variations. I really know nothing about wine but thought there should be a year on the bottle since I don't know what a good year for wine is, used the year I got married (score points with the wife ;-) )

A different angle:
http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100503/109824/Sw127120.jpg
This one is one I did for our living room to match up with the fireplace mantle, had to trim the edge a bit to fit the door trim.

http://www.PhotoShare.co.nz/PhotoShareGallery1/100503/109824/Sw138627.jpg
Need to make 2 double switch covers, 1 tripple and 6 outlet covers to match these for our livingroom.

What do you think?
Thanks ~Mike

My Patterns (http://store.carvewright.com//pattern.php?vendor=autobodyman2)

MCGEE2SKINNER
08-22-2009, 05:09 AM
Mike
They look great. Did you carve grapes etc seperate then glue them on?
thanks
JIM

LittleRedWoodshop
08-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Just wanted to say that no matter what browser I use I still can't see your images. The service that you use to host your images is not friendly to my computer. I host my images on servimg.com and haven't had any issues. Just wanted to say that if you comtinue to use your current host there are some of us that will never get to see your work.

swhitney
08-22-2009, 09:40 AM
ditto... would love to SEE your results!!

fwharris
08-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Just wanted to say that no matter what browser I use I still can't see your images. The service that you use to host your images is not friendly to my computer. I host my images on servimg.com and haven't had any issues. Just wanted to say that if you comtinue to use your current host there are some of us that will never get to see your work.

Jason,

Sorry you can not see these! But I can tell you They are great! Maybe something in your firewall/security settings!!

Mike,

Fantastic!!!!

LittleRedWoodshop
08-22-2009, 10:12 AM
the only one that can't see them...... if someone would like to say them and email them to me I will repost them.

PCW
08-22-2009, 10:31 AM
the only one that can't see them...... if someone would like to say them and email them to me I will repost them.

Lin
08-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for reposted the pics so more of us can see AutoBody's art.
This is the first pics of his I have been able to see and they are great...
Thanks again for the repost of the pics...wishing I could have seen the mantle when he was posting the pics on it.
Lin

LittleRedWoodshop
08-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Thank you for letting us see those - they are awesome.

swhitney
08-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Ah yes!!! the Darkness Hath been lifted, and the vision hath come to me, and it is good!!!

beautifully done!!!

CraigR
08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Any chance you wiil be selling or sharing the wine pattern?

LittleRedWoodshop
08-22-2009, 03:24 PM
someone else asked first - I am interested in the wine switch plate as well.

autobodyman
08-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Any chance you wiil be selling or sharing the wine pattern?

I scanned it with just the grapes and vine and also with the wine and cheese, with and without the holes, should show up on my patterns page next week. I uploaded it today but being the weekend I imagine it will be a day or two before it gets posted. Eventually I hope to get a single switch and outlet cover made to go with this.

I've tried attaching pics of the scans instead of using photoshare.

Thanks ~Mike
My Patterns (http://store.carvewright.com//pattern.php?vendor=autobodyman2)

autobodyman
08-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Mike
They look great. Did you carve grapes etc seperate then glue them on?
thanks
JIM
Yes, it's sort of like Intrasia.

Thanks ~Mike

Steven Alford
08-22-2009, 08:12 PM
I really like those. But my mother would kill me if I put them up. She would have to dust them!!!!
And no, I do not live with my mother, she lives with me! She is 75 years old.

geekviking
08-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Very exquisite!
LOVE them...

BTW Lin, how've you been, haven't seen you on for awhile... :)

Lin
08-23-2009, 07:59 AM
geekviking,
Thanks for asking...I've been around. Keeping a lookout on the forum most days but I havn't been doing any carving. No ones buying much of anything right now and I carve and scroll to order so without the orders not much is getting done. I have been getting a few scrolling orders but they are lean right now also. My house hold has really felt the bad economy. My hubby and I both have lost our jobs. Both of us made car parts here in Michigan and the rubber factory he worked for closed in 2007 and the diecast and machining company I worked for 23 years closed up this past year in 2008. We are both back in college now trying to decide what we will be when we grow up.....lol He's taking classes that will lead him into computer security and I'm starting totally over with classes leading me into the healthcare field. I'm on semester break right now and have been scrolling x-mas ornaments to sell in a small area craft store on consignment. Ornaments still sell for me cause I can stack cut them letting me price low, but just about everything else has come to a standstill in woodart for me. I will keep checking in on you guys and admiring everyones art as it progresses.
Lin

geekviking
08-23-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, it sounds like both of your chosen fields are good ones (things that cannot be outsourced... :))
Economy has hit us pretty hard too, sometimes my CW (and my scrollsaw as well:)) have been a big blessing as I have an outlet for my creativity during these trying times.
Hang in there, we'll get through this! :)