PDA

View Full Version : "equipment tree"

JDPratt
08-20-2009, 01:37 PM
I know this is nowhere near the stuff that some are putting out here. I am simply amazed at some of the stuff coming out of HTO, LG, DW, LRW, and others, But I thought I wood share this. It is an equipment tree to place field equipment on when not in use for Army personnel. It hold a helmet on top, and then a load bearing vest or body armor is slung over the cross like a hanger. The carved patterns are all the badges the Soldier has. I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.

Icutone2
08-20-2009, 02:19 PM
That looks great! I spent several years in Lawton welcome to the forum and again great job!
Lee

mtylerfl
08-20-2009, 02:23 PM
What a great project! Very nicely done!

cnsranch
08-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Very nice, JD.

Old Salt
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
don't take the back seat for that !

BBrooks
08-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Really great looking piece JD. A shame to cover it with the equipment. :)
Cheers,

atauer
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.

I fully understand why you don't want to tell us, as I know exactly what you are talking about. This piece actually serves two purposes: a tree to hang equipment, and a monument to a fallen soldier.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/11/15206682_c5d6fc8a82.jpg

See the resemblance?

Excellent project JDPratt. Brings a tear to my eye, as I have lost a couple friends that way.

chebytrk
08-20-2009, 04:47 PM
I know this is nowhere near the stuff that some are putting out here. I am simply amazed at some of the stuff coming out of HTO, LG, DW, LRW, and others, But I thought I wood share this. It is an equipment tree to place field equipment on when not in use for Army personnel. It hold a helmet on top, and then a load bearing vest or body armor is slung over the cross like a hanger. The carved patterns are all the badges the Soldier has. I don't want to tell you what it could double as for a soldier. Hope you enjoy, I know I enjoyed making it. Thanks very much to BJBethke for all the help with the patterns.

Looks great JD. I too was stationed in Lawton many moons ago... 214 FA Brigade (with a bunch of Canon cockers!)

wasacop75
08-20-2009, 08:02 PM
I used one both times in Iraq. They never looked that good. And a COL??

It is very nice.

Icutone2
08-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Jerry B. 1st and 17tn fa long time ago also. Again great job!
Lee

LittleRedWoodshop
08-21-2009, 12:40 PM
that is all that I can say. Very nicely done and keep up the good work.