PDA

View Full Version : Chuck problem

lesuer27
08-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Sorry if this is a repost but,.... My chuck fell apart and the ball bearings went everywhere (2 were lost so I used b.b.'s). Anyway... I put the chuck back on the spindle and the bits fit in perfectly. It snaps in place...theres no movement at the tip of the bit or anything. At the end of a carve the bit is extremely wobbly until I take it out and re insert it. The machine is only a month old. Oh and the chuck comes apart again just about every time i go to change bits. Please help.... the wife will probably make me take it back if she finds out its breaking down already... so I need help...

liquidguitars
08-19-2009, 02:32 AM
you will need a replacement so i would not run it at all untill you get a new one. Call LHR!

LG

hess
08-19-2009, 01:06 PM
U can call LHR all day they are not going to give you a new QC. I know it sucks, (been there) buy a Rock and you will save in the long run.

SharonB
08-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Lesuer27....I have a new Quick Change that I'll sell for $39.00 plus postage. Also have bit adapters that I'll throw in free if you want them. Send me a private message with your address if you want them.
I'm luck I got the Rock and won't be using the QC's any more.

geekviking
08-19-2009, 02:49 PM
U can call LHR all day they are not going to give you a new QC. I know it sucks, (been there) buy a Rock and you will save in the long run.

I disagree with your statement on the QC, I just called yesterday, & they shipped me one right out. As long as your CC/CW is under warranty, you should be fine, unless you've voided something by repairing it yourself... I would call LHR.

However, I agree the Rock is probably a better way to go in the long run, as long as it doesn't interfere with the warranty, (Not sure if it does or not?)

Digitalwoodshop
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
I was going to say the same thing... Get LHR to send you one.... They might want that one back to see what happened.... Might be the beginning of a trend of bad QC's....

AL

hess
08-19-2009, 06:25 PM
I disagree with your statement on the QC, I just called yesterday, & they shipped me one right out. As long as your CC/CW is under warranty, you should be fine, unless you've voided something by repairing it yourself... I would call LHR.

However, I agree the Rock is probably a better way to go in the long run, as long as it doesn't interfere with the warranty, (Not sure if it does or not?)

When did CW start covering the QCs? I got 2 bad ones and was told they were not under warrenty? one failed at 3 mos than the other later. I had to buy mine so if they are covered someone needs to get the act together They owe me.

They have been great on all the other stuff sent the parts right out but not the QCS

As for us voiding our warranty if we did something to it thats funny since CW seems to like us doing our own repair work.

lesuer27
08-19-2009, 10:39 PM
wont replacing the qc on my own void the warranty? I don't want to get caught in a warranty battle just yet.

geekviking
08-19-2009, 11:26 PM
When did CW start covering the QCs? I got 2 bad ones and was told they were not under warrenty? one failed at 3 mos than the other later. I had to buy mine so if they are covered someone needs to get the act together They owe me.

They have been great on all the other stuff sent the parts right out but not the QCS

As for us voiding our warranty if we did something to it thats funny since CW seems to like us doing our own repair work.

The QC is a "consumable" part, but it's at their discretion...
If he has a brand new QC from them and it just falls apart, I would think they'll replace it. On the other hand, if it's not new and you take it upon yourself (without their advisement) and repair it, (by adding BB's, no less) They may deny it under warranty... -Their call-
Still worth calling & asking, they have great customer service. :D

hess
08-20-2009, 02:04 AM
wont replacing the qc on my own void the warranty? I don't want to get caught in a warranty battle just yet.

You must be new! U have a choice is calling them then they send you the parts or each time it breaks you box it up and send it to them.

I live about 4 hrs away would not want to make the drive for as often as stuff happens.

Both my units have been down like most last nite I had to change out the X rive gears. Thank God for the folks here. They will help all the time and maybe there are some that here that may know a bit more about the units than LHR

There are certain parts U should buy and have on hand. when they blow you will have them and CW can send you the replacement

lesuer27
08-20-2009, 03:38 PM
http://www.cw-parts.com/page2.html

Would I have to buy pretty much everything (exept rock kit 2 and 3) on this page to switch over to the rock?

rjustice
08-20-2009, 05:48 PM
http://www.cw-parts.com/page2.html

Would I have to buy pretty much everything (exept rock kit 2 and 3) on this page to switch over to the rock?

Hi,
No, you would just purchase Kit#1 and the 1/2 to 1/4 Rock sleeve. If you would like to try my 1/8 cut out bits, you would also go with the 1/2 to 1/8 Rock Sleeve.

Thanks for your interest, and if you have any questions feel free to drop me an email at the link below....

Happy Carving,

Ron

lesuer27
08-21-2009, 08:56 PM
not sure how that last post came up...anyway lhr finaly got back to me and they are going to send me the entire z truck including chuck for a 40 dollar core charge! sweet huh? 40 bucks is worth keeping the old truck for extra parts huh? thanks guys

Digitalwoodshop
08-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I agree.... 40 bucks.... And put the Rock on it...

AL