PDA

View Full Version : CheckTracking Roller

rwahl
08-18-2009, 05:56 PM
I get the Check Tracking Roller message a lot, but not all the time.
Many times it will be on a project that I know has a good edge.

Any ideas?

wasacop75
08-18-2009, 08:53 PM
are you using the new belts or the sand paper ones? There is a larger (?) o ring needed with the new belts.
since i changed mine out to the new belts, i get the error reading and have not changed the o ring as of yet. some day i need to do that..:mrgreen:

Jeff_Birt
08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
The O-ring for the new rubber belts is SMALLER. You should install the new O-ring now as the old one can actually rub on the belts and cause problems.

rwahl
08-18-2009, 09:30 PM
I already changed out the o ring.

I am using the new rubber belts.

Jeff_Birt
08-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Use a small piece of wood placed across the two belts and up against the squaring plate to compress the tracking roller.If you can't see a gap between the roller and the belt then you need to elongate the mounting holes for the tracking roller assembly so you can slide it over more.

rwahl
08-19-2009, 06:23 PM
It looks like the O ring would rub on the belt.

If I'm looking at the control panel are you saying I should move it to the right?

Jeff_Birt
08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
No to the left...

dbfletcher
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
I haven't put my rubber belts on yet, but just so I am clear if i run in to this issue... if I am facing the keypad... is the adjustment you speak of toward the keypad, to the left, to the right, or away from teh keypad. Unless i missed it, with out a starting reference point.. it "left" and 'right" get confusing quickly!.

Thanks,

Doug

PCW
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Doug,

I believe Jeff was referring to the keyboard side as being the left of the machine. Also I think he is referring to the area just forward of the brass roller (tracking roller).

The squaring plate is the part that you slide when you load a board to help guide the board. The squaring plate is located on the right side of the machine on a rod between the two belts.

Compressing the rollers is the height crack. Turn down the crank to the clutch clicks 3 or 4 times.

Hope this helps

rwahl
08-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm lost. The tracking roller is the brass roller on the bottom -right (sorrey "left side") side of the machine?
Jeff said to compress the tracking roller but I don't see where you would see any gap.

I also don't see how the right side squaring plate would get involved.

By the way, the rubber belts are great. They are worth the money.

c6craig
08-19-2009, 08:15 PM
I'm lost. The tracking roller is the brass roller on the bottom -right (sorrey "left side") side of the machine?
Jeff said to compress the tracking roller but I don't see where you would see any gap.

If I recall correctly, the right side squaring plate had to have washers put underneath the screws (below the plate) as the rubber belts are thicker than the sandpaper ones. This allowed the sliding plate not to drag on the belts when it was moved.

Thanks,
Craig

PCW
08-19-2009, 08:28 PM

From the way I read it is as if your where doing a carve. Load the board square it up crank down the handle. Look from the front to see if there is a gap between the roller and the belt.

I could be wrong.

rwahl
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
The O ring lines up with the last rib on the rubber belt but doesn't seem to contact it when compressed.

Jeff_Birt
08-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Please refer to the machine manual for the correct definition of the machine parts and orientation. All directions are given with respect to the keypad being at the FRONT of the machine. The 'Squaring Plate' is the fixed plate at the front of the machine that the tracking roller sensor is mounted to. The plate that slides up to the board from the rear is the 'Sliding Guide Plate'.

To resolve problems with contact between the 'Squaring Plate' and the tracking roller o-ring you need to oblong the mounting holes for the 'Squaring Plate'. The tracking roller sensor needs to move slightly (1/32") to the left of the machine. Remember all directions are with respect to standing at the keypad (front) of the machine.

rwahl
08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
The O-ring doesn't touch the squaring plate but it does just touch the rubber belt when compressed.

Jeff_Birt
08-20-2009, 07:26 PM
It should not touch the rubber belt. That will cause a problem. You need to move the roller over as described above.

Gean
08-24-2009, 08:07 AM
I get the Check Tracking Roller message a lot, but not all the time.
Many times it will be on a project that I know has a good edge.

Any ideas?

I was getting the tracking/roller error message myself. Tech support sent me a new sensor. As I went to install it and lifted up on the plate that holds it, the sensor came unplugged on its own very easily. Check to see if the connection is loose.

Gean