PDA

View Full Version : Harbor Freight Tools......

jonm3
08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
I went into Habor Freight to see if I could get a adpater to take out the QuickChange. The Local Frederickburg, VA store doesn't know anything and they lack training on what CarveWright is. This man, he didn't have any knowledge on CarveWright. I have been busy with other things, health problems and not working with my CarveWright. Thats what I think of Harbor Freight, it was like I was speaking Japanesse to him.

After putting back what I thought I could use, I went to AutoZone for tools. I don't know if the local store order or carry CarveWright, but I would not trust Harbor Freight.

www.go3d.us
08-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Harbor Freight do have some great tools, hand tools and power tools but I don't think they make any thing specifically for the CW machine nor have any connection with LHR so they probably don't know a thing.
I guess you can only get the quick change bit removal tool from CW.

HT

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2009, 08:13 PM
I think you are looking for the square drive to remove the QC if I understand correct. I would find a post by RJustice and view his videos and order the tools and ROCK chuck from him.

AL

PCW
08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
If I remember I think Harbor Freight is a dealer and they sell the machines.

I know I went in to Lowe's awhile back and they didn't know what a Carvewright was but I live in a rural area so they don't stock the machine.

Steven Alford
08-18-2009, 09:54 PM
I think it is Northern Tools, not Harbor Freight that sells the CW.

PCW
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Hi Steve,

They both are.

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/dealers

Steven Alford
08-18-2009, 10:29 PM
I'll be damned. How about that!!
I would not have expected our machine to be sold at Harbor Fright. Even though they have a selection of just about everything, most of it is medium quality. I don't think the CW belongs in that.............oh, maybe it does!!

Just kidding guys, I love my machine!!! And after close to 150 hours I have had no serious problems.

www.go3d.us
08-19-2009, 03:01 AM
Hi Steve,

They both are.

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/dealers

Oh they do? OH well....

jonm3
08-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Yes, I am looking for a Square drive, I do plan to order it from RJustice. Seems like he is the only one that carries it. It will then get me back up and running.

I think you are looking for the square drive to remove the QC if I understand correct. I would find a post by RJustice and view his videos and order the tools and ROCK chuck from him.

AL

rjustice
08-19-2009, 07:48 AM
Yes, I am looking for a Square drive, I do plan to order it from RJustice. Seems like he is the only one that carries it. It will then get me back up and running.

Hi Jon,
The square tools are back in stock and ready to ship. Thanks for considering my products!

Happy Carving,

Ron

rickyz
08-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Lowe's carries the carvewright but it is a special order. they don't carry it in any of the stores( at least not around my house). harbor freight has it online at their website.

hogiewan
08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
I have been looking at a thickness planer at Harbor Freight, but I really don't have the room for it.