PDA

View Full Version : Radius corners

jessrice
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I have been trying to figure out out to draw a rectangle with radius corners and join them all together, but haven't done it yet.

I can get the radius and lines all set but no luck joining the together.

I attached a sample file, but just done with the square tool to show what i want, but I need rounded corners.

any help would be great!

thanks
Jesse

mtylerfl
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I have been trying to figure out out to draw a rectangle with radius corners and join them all together, but haven't done it yet.

I attached a sample file, but just done with the square tool to show what i want, but I need rounded corners.

any help would be great!

thanks
Jesse

Hello Jesse,

One way is to draw four straight lines but do NOT connect them - make them so they are the same length with the ends of the lines equidistant from the "corners". Use the Snap to Grid function so your drawing will be precise.

Then Click on the Arc Tool and draw from each line's end control point making sure the arc is connected to the straight lines at the "corners". The line will look like a straight 45° chamfer, but you can drag the arc's center node to the arc shape you desire for the radius.

AskBud
08-17-2009, 01:04 PM

any help would be great!

thanks
Jesse

I'm not using your version of designer, so I can not open your attachment, however, I have two AVI files on Rounded Corners.

I know that other may/will have other suggestions but I just try to keep each lesson confined to one solution.

Go to my signature, below, and click on the "Download" link and look at both files that deal with Rounded Corners.
AskBud

jessrice
08-17-2009, 04:33 PM
thanks,

I wasnt pulling the arcs all the way over until the point joined. Once i zoomed in more until i could see the red connection point change, it went smoothly,

thanks again

Jesse

Digitalwoodshop
08-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I see you got it... I learned watching the Video from AskBud... :p

Thanks,

AL