PDA

View Full Version : De noise

awe
08-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Can CW import clear some of the spike and noise in graphic if I don't have patern editor. I'm also using Adobe Illustrator and corel draw can some tell me if there is any command that can de noise before import to CW. and which is better for import Pixel or Victor and what Extention "JPEG, PNG, etc.

Woodhacker
08-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Welcome to the forum and the fun of this machine. If you are using Corel, there is a way to "denoise" a bit map. This is the protocol for CDX4. With you bitmap selected, click on "bitmap" and then go down to "noise". There is an option there to get rid of the noise. If the pic is not already a bitmap, convert it to one. If you are using Illustrator, you can use the "sharpen" mode to get rid of some noise. With Corel, edport your graphic as a .png file. That is a tile type that Designer can inport directly. With Illustrator, you may have to save the graphis as a bitmap, open it in Corel and then export is as a .png file. I don't think there is any way to reduce the noise level directly in Designer. Hope this helps.

Richard

awe
08-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Thank richard, I will try this at home and hope it will help clear some of the spike.

Icutone2
08-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Lee

hogiewan
08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I've found that denoise functions distort the edges of the drawing

ajk
10-11-2009, 06:37 PM
I KNOW THAT THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I DONT KNOW EHAT I AM DOING BAD. i HAVE A COUPLE OF PICTURES THAT I WANT TO CONVERT TO PATTERNS BUT DON'T COME GOOD. AM GOING TP POST BOTH. TO SEE IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP AND I LEARN.

THAKS IN ADVANCE
HILDA

robbrigg2
10-11-2009, 10:37 PM
I KNOW THAT THIS IS AN OLD POST BUT I DONT KNOW EHAT I AM DOING BAD. i HAVE A COUPLE OF PICTURES THAT I WANT TO CONVERT TO PATTERNS BUT DON'T COME GOOD. AM GOING TP POST BOTH. TO SEE IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP AND I LEARN.

THAKS IN ADVANCE
HILDA

Hi Hilda,

Here is the pattern. Do you have photoshop? If so, I can walk you through the process. The picture was actually pretty easy. The only problem was it was a low quality picture, only 72 dpi the best prints are 300 dpi. The more dpi the more quality and detail will come through. But I think it came out good none the less.

Just let me know.

Robert

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmzjdzkyeyl/Cherub3.ptn

ajk
10-12-2009, 06:43 AM
Hi Robert: I Have Photoshop Cs3. I Have To Tell That I Don't Know Anithing About The Quality. I Have A Question In The Pattern You Can See Like Bubbles
And You Cannot See The Flowers. Is This Going To Carve Good? I Will Like That You Walk Me Through The Process.
Thanks
Hilda

robbrigg2
10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Hi Robert: I Have Photoshop Cs3. I Have To Tell That I Don't Know Anithing About The Quality. I Have A Question In The Pattern You Can See Like Bubbles
And You Cannot See The Flowers. Is This Going To Carve Good? I Will Like That You Walk Me Through The Process.
Thanks
Hilda

The bubbles are caused by the graininess of the original picture. You might be able to get rid of them, but you will loose other details (that's how the flower got lost). I will post the steps that I used for another person and you can see if they help you. If they are still unclear just let me know.

Here are the steps to working with a picture like the one you had

1. Import the picture into Adobe Photoshop. (It is easier to use this program for creating a usable file then AI. Sometime I use AI to make the original source but I always bring it into PS to convert it to a PNG file).

2. Convert the file to Grayscale
a. Go to the top and select Image then Mode then Grayscale

3. Increase the size of the image
a. Under the Image Heading select Image Size

b. Make the Resolution 300

c. Make the file approx. 5”x5” (this is big but the bigger the better where Designer is concerned).

4. Delete the white from the background of the image.

a. Select the magic Eraser tool

i. This is on the left side of the screen (should be) and it is under the Eraser tool. It has a star next to an eraser.

ii. This tool will delete whatever color you select so click on the white of the background and it should all go away (or most of it)

iii. Touch any other spots of white that you can see that you want gone.

5. Now add a new layer for the background

a. Go to the heading “Layer” click it and then click “New”

b. ON the right you will see two layers one is the image, the other is the blank layer you just added. Make sure that the image layer is listed first by dragging and dropping it into place. Touch the blank image layer and add color through the paint bucket tool on the left. Use a bright color.

i. If you do this right you will see your image on top of the color you just added, you will also see little dots of black and grey that were in the white field but did not get deleted by the magic eraser.

6. Erase the little black dots with the regular eraser tool

a. Make sure that you activate the picture layer first so that you actually delete the black spots. If done right the color layer you added should not be affected.

b. Go through and delete all of the spots on what was once the white background that you can see.

7. Add Gaussian Blur

a. To do this select Filter from the top and then Blur and Then Gaussian Blur.

b. For your image I had to use a 2.0 blur but normally I use 1.0 and sometime less. The more blur the less of the details. But it will belnd to a degree all of the spot shading in an image.

8. Now save the File as a .png file (select File Save as and do the drop down to select a Png toward the bottom of the list).

9. Import the file into designer

a. When you get it into designer apply it to a blank project board. The line around the edge should look normal if you see a bunch of round spots like partial drills holes go back to your picture in APS and delete the spots in the area that is affect. You should be able to find them if you use the microscope in that area, use the eraser and get rid of all of them that you can find.

b. Import it again, continue to do this until you get clean lines.

10. This file took me about 30 minutes so it is relatively easy to do it just takes patience. You can spend more time and you will get even better results. Understand though that some files are simply to cluttered to use, but they can be reworked in a more artistic fashion and you still can get great results.

I hope this helps. Please ask any other questions you are unsure of and I will do my best to explain or answer them more fully

ajk
10-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Thank You For Take Your Time To Help Me I Will Start To Work On It.

Ajk& Hilda

robbrigg2
10-12-2009, 07:25 PM
Thank You For Take Your Time To Help Me I Will Start To Work On It.

Ajk& Hilda

No problem.... I love to help people. If you have any troubles or other questions just let me know.