PDA

View Full Version : Where are Favorites??

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Ok, stupid question. I have used Pattern Editor before (been awhile) and I know I did it back then, but for the life of me I can't find the folder on my computer where the favorites are located. I thought it was c:/ProgramFiles/CarveWright but there is nothing there. Help!!

Old Salt
08-15-2009, 09:52 PM
open carvewriight an hit patter icon , favorates will come up . there has been post about where the fil is stored but don' know check search for that.
hope this helps

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 09:53 PM
I already know that!!!!!

I am looking for the directory and folder on my computer where they are stored so that I can access them with pattern editor to edit one I just made with Designer.

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I did a search and came up with this....

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=7272&highlight=favorites+location&page=2

Of the two different places that favorites is suppose to be, mine is in neither.

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Ok , I'm really confused now.

In Pattern Editor, if you try to "Open File" the only options you have are .mpw (scan file) and .ptn (pattern file). Neither of which you can get to to open. So how the heck do you open a .ptn file in Pattern Editor to edit it??

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 11:03 PM
I re-read the Tips and Tricks issue on the Pattern Editor and I am further confused. In there it says to right click on a pattern that you made and choose "Open" and it will open in Editor. NOpe. Nothing doing. The only options are, Delete, Remove and Export. So if I export the .ptn to a folder of my choose, I can then open it in Editor. Is that not the stupidest thing you ever heard!!!!!:mad:

I do not remember ever doing it that way in the past. I think I remember the right click, then open method. Has LHR changed this in a recent upgrade????

AskBud
08-15-2009, 11:20 PM
See if this helps.
AskBud
http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/CW-Quick%20Look%20at%20Pattern%20Editor.zip

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Hey Bud, it's kind of late at night to fiddle around with videos.

Can you just answer my question, Please??? If you have an answer. I would appreciate it.

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 11:30 PM
OK, so I double click on one of MY patterns. That's easy enough.
So why do they put an "Open File" dialog box if you can't open a file???

Thanks Bud, you and your videos are great!!

AskBud
08-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Can you just answer my question, Please??? If you have an answer. I would appreciate it.

1) Open Designer and place a new board on the screen.
2) Click on the Pattern Icon.
3) Go to your pattern and do a "Double" Left click and the Editor should open.

"Late" is not the best time to do work in Editor!
Be careful how you answer the prompts upon exit, as you can accidently overwrite your original pattern when you may not want to do that action.
AskBud

bjbethke
08-15-2009, 11:32 PM

In the Designer double click on the pattern, if you made the pattern it will open in the pattern editor. The other way is open the MPW for that pattern. If it is not your PTN you can not change or modify it.

Steven Alford
08-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Thank you guys for your help, problem solved.

Another question. In the tips and Tricks, it states that you can open 7 different graphic files in Editor from the "Open File" dialog box. How?? There are no graphic files listed in mine. How do you open a plain graphic file??

bjbethke
08-15-2009, 11:54 PM
Ok, stupid question. I have used Pattern Editor before (been awhile) and I know I did it back then, but for the life of me I can't find the folder on my computer where the favorites are located. I thought it was c:/ProgramFiles/CarveWright but there is nothing there. Help!!
The MPN files are stored in the Documents folder, not the Program file.
C:\Documents and Settings\ (your name)\CarveWright

You can not open these files; if you try to open it will add an extra file in your Designer Favorites.

I have two different MPN folders in mine, they are getting large and this slows the Designer. Large files take a long time to load. I need to remove them; I save these on a CD if I need them again.

Steven Alford
08-16-2009, 12:00 AM
Got It. I finally found them awhile ago. Can you answer my question? How do you open a graphic file, like a .bmp or a .gif???

bjbethke
08-16-2009, 12:05 AM
Thank you guys for your help, problem solved.

Another question. In the tips and Tricks, it states that you can open 7 different graphic files in Editor from the "Open File" dialog box. How?? There are no graphic files listed in mine. How do you open a plain graphic file??
You could in the past, now the only way is to use the Import (Import image file...)

Steven Alford
08-16-2009, 12:18 AM
So that means that you have to make a pattern out of your graphic file first then go back and double click on the pattern to open it up in Editor just to erase the background. Again, how stupid!!! Why not be able to open the graphic in pattern Editor, erase the background, do all the other neat things Editor does to a graphic and then save it as a pattern. They kind of have this Editor thing a$$ backwards, don't they??

bjbethke
08-16-2009, 12:41 AM
So that means that you have to make a pattern out of your graphic file first then go back and double click on the pattern to open it up in Editor just to erase the background. Again, how stupid!!! Why not be able to open the graphic in pattern Editor, erase the background, do all the other neat things Editor does to a graphic and then save it as a pattern. They kind of have this Editor thing a$$ backwards, don't they??
No you can open the image into the pattern editor first, but you need to open the Pattern Editor first, then when you are in the PE use the Import function. In the past if you were in an Image folder in the documents folder and used "OPEN With" and clicked "gui" it would auto open the PE and load the image, if you do that now you get an error. I think that was a backward move. I now need to use three extra "clicks" to make it work.

I first Posted this;
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084&page=2

post # 5 (4/06/2009)

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084

post # 17

On 07-10-2009 (cmorlier "CW Staff") States they have no plans to correct this??? (Post #16)

Steven Alford
08-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks for that clarification.
I see, said the blind man!!

Lobo
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
Type *.jpg (or other file type, as desired) in the filename field and press enter.

Seems weird to me too!

Bowengg
11-09-2009, 06:39 PM
OK, newbie needs help(LOTS). I have some pics that I want to play with. How do I open patern editor first in order to start working with them?

Gordon

No you can open the image into the pattern editor first, but you need to open the Pattern Editor first, then when you are in the PE use the Import function. In the past if you were in an Image folder in the documents folder and used "OPEN With" and clicked "gui" it would auto open the PE and load the image, if you do that now you get an error. I think that was a backward move. I now need to use three extra "clicks" to make it work.

I first Posted this;
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084&page=2

post # 5 (4/06/2009)

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=11084

post # 17

On 07-10-2009 (cmorlier "CW Staff") States they have no plans to correct this??? (Post #16)

PCW
11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Hi Gordon,

First off do you have the optional pattern editor? If so go to file/launch pattern editor in designer.

AskBud
11-09-2009, 07:03 PM
I think you are looking for this sequence.
Open Designer > FILE > IMPORT > IMAGE FILE > FROM FILE > (SELECT YOUR FILE) > NEXT > (ADJUST AS YOU WISH/CAN) > FINISH > ASSIGN A FILE NAME TO BE USED/SAVED IN THE CW FAVORITES > (OPEN A DESIGN BOARD) > CLICK THE PATTERN ICON > DOUBLE-CLICK THE NEW FILS IN FAVORITES.

I hope this is what you are looking for.
AskBud

Bowengg
11-16-2009, 03:31 PM
yup, that was it Thanks