PDA

View Full Version : Possibe X overload

Colleen_and_Mike
08-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I have been getting the above message, I am doing a very small carve on corian and can some give me insight.

Thanks

Colleen

mtylerfl
08-14-2009, 02:48 PM
I have been getting the above message, I am doing a very small carve on corian and can some give me insight.

Thanks

Colleen

I've not heard of that error. Only thing I can think of is something is preventing the material from feeding through the machine properly - check for binding, chips where they shouldn't be, anything you can think of that could prevent proper x-motion. Of course, you may want/need to call Tech Support for assistance over the phone.

EDIT: I just did a search on "x overload" after I posted - got about seven hits on that phrase here on the forum. You may want to do the search yourself - some good info there.

Digitalwoodshop
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Corian being dense might not squish as easy under the rollers as the board feeds thought the machine. X is the sand paper belts and the machine is monitoring the motor current. When it goes up it will give you the error message. A X overload is a preview to a broken X Drive Gear.... It is a safety valve.... Just press enter and it can continue and break the gear.

SO why the error.....

Cutting big Centerline Text like BOLD text and the machine tends to take big bites... With my hard Pine, the V90 really bogs down... I clean the residue off the V90 each time and tried a new V90 and got the same bogging down. Corian requires the best bits you have..... If it is a dull bit you might get a Y stall too sometime.

Taking too much of a bite doing a cut path. Corian is a dense material and remember the machine is setup to cut wood.... The feed rate could be too high causing the overload.

You could have a belt rolling over that you missed... That will cause it...

You may have the right side guide too close to the work.

You may be using too heavy a sled or work piece.

That will get you looking....

Good Luck,

AL

Steven Alford
08-14-2009, 08:45 PM
Could your corian be wider at one end than it is at the other, causing binding?

LollyWood
08-15-2009, 02:17 AM
I use to get that error. I started putting masking tape on the under side of the work piece to give better grip w/ the belt, and an extra strip for the brass roller. Found that the corian would slip in the X Axis. Tape helped give it more grip. Fixed the prob for me. This was a 14x30x1/2 (w/ 3.5 ends taped to it for carving, 7"rule :D) 4+ hr carve. Came out great.

sewpeck
08-15-2009, 07:01 AM
It is very beautiful.:(

liquidguitars
08-15-2009, 12:24 PM
wow! very nice.

Lg

Colleen_and_Mike
08-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Al,
I think the problem is it is way to heavy, the 5X5 tiles ( discontinued samples, free for the asking at Lowes ) along with the carrier board it is pretty hefty.

Carrier board with the required 3.5" on the ends is made from luan plywood.
So now I have to figure out a much lighter carrier board or another way to do these.

I will try the masking tape trick as well and what an AWESOME carve Bernie, hope mine comes out half as good.

Colleen