PDA

View Full Version : Broken Chuck

Creekwood
08-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I never had any reason to write into the forum until now, but I do read it everyday and find that all of it is enjoyable and helpful.
My problem may or may not be related to the new 1.52 v software that I installed.
In the process of cutting out some large letters, the cutting bit got jammed and broke the chuck. Since that happen I went ahead and ordered the "Rock" to replace the original.:confused:

But even with the new chuck coming it still seemed that the CW was taken too much off?

The letters are 13" high and spell out "STATE CHAMPIONS"
The wood is 3/4 poplar.
I am wondering is it that need to tell the CW to take less off, maybe do two cuts? Which I do not know how to?:confused:

Rick P
08-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Creekwood,
Based on my experience...when using the CW QC chuck you should not be cutting out shapes at the full 3/4" depth in one pass. I have done it in both poplar and red oak, but paid a price.

When you switch to the ROCK chuck you might be able to cut 3/4" in one pass in poplar, but I would still suggest 2 passes.

I have been using the ROCK for a few months now. It is the only way to go.

There is an icon labeled Edit Cutout where you can set the depth of pass.

mtylerfl
08-16-2009, 07:15 AM
Hello,

The Tips & Tricks - ISSUE 12 September 2008
"Designer 1.131 New Feature Highlights " (http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CW_TipsandTricks_Newsletters/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Sept08.pdf) explains the features of the Cut-Out Control for multipass cuts.

Also, the most recent documentation for Designer explains that feature (and a whole lot more).
http://www.carvebuddy.com/PDFs/CarveWrightSoftwareManual_rev102.pdf

Creekwood
08-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I wanted to thank all that responded to my Thread.
We had our fifth year business anniversary party this weekend and was preoccupied

I would think though, that the CW software would automatically prevent such deep cuts?

In no way do I blame CW for my lack of understanding

In an other subject, we live in the upper Georgia Mountain, is there a list on clubs and or CW customers that would like to meet.

Icutone2
08-17-2009, 08:35 AM
Welcome to the forum!
Lee

Woodhacker
08-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Welcome to the forum Creekwood. Dont't know of any clubs or suchlike, but do know there are folks all over the country using this amazing machine. I am sure there must be some in your area who would be willing to get together with you.

Richard

fwharris
08-17-2009, 10:02 AM
I wanted to thank all that responded to my Thread.
We had our fifth year business anniversary party this weekend and was preoccupied

I would think though, that the CW software would automatically prevent such deep cuts?

In no way do I blame CW for my lack of understanding

In an other subject, we live in the upper Georgia Mountain, is there a list on clubs and or CW customers that would like to meet.

Creekwood,

The cncartguild site has a listing of a few carvers. Take a look at this link:
http://cncartguild.forumotion.net/Member-Directory-h2.htm