PDA

View Full Version : Collector's Plate Holders

robbrigg2
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Has anyone ever made holders for collector's Plates? I was recently given a set of patriotic plates and want to make some holders for it but don't know where to start. Anyone got some wit or wisdom to share on this?

Thans in advance!

Robert

Dan-Woodman
08-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Robert
Here is a couple of plate holders I have made . You may have to work with them a little.
later Daniel

robbrigg2
08-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Robert
Here is a couple of plate holders I have made . You may have to work with them a little.
later Daniel

Thanks alot!

robbrigg2
08-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Thanks but this was not quite what I ment. I am looking for the Round frame type holders that you put the plate into and then hand on the wall. Much like a picture frame would be. Don't suppose you have that?

Bill
08-16-2009, 07:05 AM
I would think it will not be hard to design yourself a plate holder, it would be a two sided carve. Pictures attached.

Kenm810
08-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Maybe something like this?

You could mix and match any wood or stain/paint color that would suite your needs

The hardware clips are available at Michael's Craft Stores, Hobby lobby Crafts, and the Flower Factory outlet stores,
Also some Frame Shops stock them, --- thier probably on the Web too.

bjbethke
08-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Maybe something like this?

You could mix and match any wood or stain/paint color that would suite your needs

The hardware clips are available at Michael's Craft Stores, Hobby lobby Crafts, and the Flower Factory outlet stores,
Also some Frame Shops stock them, --- thier probably on the Web too.
Ken I really like your plate frame. I have some plates on wire frame racks. I may make some new frames. I think I will add an extra pattern to add the taper to fit the plate like it is in your image. Thanks BJB – may need to buy a new carving unit to make the Brass tags.

robbrigg2
08-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I would think it will not be hard to design yourself a plate holder, it would be a two sided carve. Pictures attached.

These are exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, I've only seen them from a distance this gives me something to work from

robbrigg2
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
THanks for your help everyone, I appreciate it.