PDA

View Full Version : Board measurement

wasacop75
08-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I recently changed from the sand paper belts to the well worth upgraded ones. now my problem is that the machine is not measuring the boards correctly. I have cleaned the sensor, but it measures up to an inch short because i know i cut one at least that long.

Any suggestions?

RMarkey
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
make sure you run the depth and board calibration as specified in the upgraded belt instructions.

Pratyeka
08-13-2009, 04:18 PM
I recently changed from the sand paper belts to the well worth upgraded ones. now my problem is that the machine is not measuring the boards correctly. I have cleaned the sensor, but it measures up to an inch short because i know i cut one at least that long.

Any suggestions?

did you do the mod required to the brass roller? With the new belts, the brass roller touches the belts. I believe there is a procedure to follow to reposition the brass roller assembly.

Digitalwoodshop
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, you must drill bigger or oval holes and move the sensor AWAY from the belt or when the belt is compressed it touches the brass roller changing the measurement....

AL

mtylerfl
08-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Any suggestions?

Hello,

Not sure if you have the complete instructions for changing to the Kevlar belts or not. The directions have step-by-step illustrations for everything that needs to be done. Here is the link:

http://www.carvewright.com/images/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_rubber_drive_belt.pdf