PDA

View Full Version : bit holder stuck in chuck..getting tired of CW

glassocean
08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Hey guy's,
I'm at the point of being very fustrated with this machine. The lastest problem happened during a carve, the bit fell out of the bit adapter. Now the adapter is firmly stuck in the chuck. I've read several posts regarding stuck chucks, but this is the adapter being stuck.
I also read that sometimes the set screw will back out and cause a problem, I believe this to be the case. Of course, I ordered a Rock chuck right before this happened, but timing isn't always on my side.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Jeff

supershingler
08-12-2009, 07:24 PM
if your getting a rock this is would just remove the qc and install the rock when it arrives and give the old qc a toss in the scrap iron pile i did with all of mine after i installed the rock.

good luck

kendall

hogiewan
08-12-2009, 07:34 PM
but he said he's in the middle of a carve

glassocean
08-13-2009, 06:34 AM
I had to stop the carve, I can't get this the adapter out. I hope I see the Rock in the mail soon!

Jeff

rjustice
08-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I had to stop the carve, I can't get this the adapter out. I hope I see the Rock in the mail soon!

Jeff

Hi Jeff...
Yours will be in the batch that ship approx. next Tuesday.

Thank you for your order!

Ron

liquidguitars
08-13-2009, 04:26 PM
like Samuels withers said in Happy Gilmore just " tap tap tap" the side..

if that does not work get a 7/8 flat wrench under the assembly and twist the spindle holding the qc at the same time,

power off and a rag to protect your hands.

LG

glassocean
08-14-2009, 04:29 PM
like Samuels withers said in Happy Gilmore just " tap tap tap" the side..

if that does not work get a 7/8 flat wrench under the assembly and twist the spindle holding the qc at the same time,

power off and a rag to protect your hands.

LG

It finally gave way. Lots of 3 in 1, and tapping did the trick. Now the hard part, getting the chuck off!

Jeff