PDA

View Full Version : z truck

castingman
08-12-2009, 06:33 AM
HI,

Doe's anyone know how to tighten the wheels on the z truck ?

The lower left wheel is loose and i am not shure if it can be thightened short of removeing the truck.

Thanks Michael

hess
08-12-2009, 07:53 AM
I had the same problem when I called they had me tighten the lower right wheel until the slack was taken up on the left? I dont understand it but it worked I was able to move the truck before now it is fine and the problem has not return for the last 50 hrs

bjbethke
08-12-2009, 10:06 AM
HI,

Doe's anyone know how to tighten the wheels on the z truck ?

The lower left wheel is loose and i am not shure if it can be thightened short of removeing the truck.

Thanks Michael
The left bearings are the fixed bearings; you need to remove the Z-truck to hold the slot on the back of the bearings.

Digitalwoodshop
08-12-2009, 10:20 AM
The 2 bearings on the right as you look at the truck are cam action adjustable. They can vibrate and turn. I had a Y bearing loosen and a 1/8 of a turn fixed it.

The left bearings have a screw driver slot nut and must be removed to tighten.

The trick is to hold the screw head with a new #2 Phillips as the screws strip very easy.... And turn the nut....

My procedures are to mark the flat spot that will be facing out when tight with nail polish. Get the screw snug at the point where the flat spot is out then back off the wrench 1/8 of a turn and snug the screw. Hold the screw and tighten the wrench. Too tight and you snap off the screw, too loose and the bearing will turn.

When both right bearings are at max closed position on the rails is the correct position. You can't over tighten the position but you can snap off the screw.

Good Luck,

AL

castingman
08-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Guys,

I'll Look when i get home.

Thanks Again
Michael

DickB
08-17-2009, 09:59 PM
The trick is to hold the screw head with a new #2 Phillips as the screws strip very easy.... And turn the nut....

When replacing my z-truck under warranty I replaced the Phillips screws with Allen (hex) recess - much easier to tighten using an Allen wrench.

Digitalwoodshop
08-17-2009, 10:05 PM
If you got them at a big box store can you post the size and sku number please.

AL

Tacis
08-17-2009, 10:48 PM
If you got them at a big box store can you post the size and sku number please.

AL

AL,

I did the same thing and I matched them up at Ace Hardware.

DickB
08-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Me too - just took one of the Phillips to the local hardware store and matched.

Digitalwoodshop
08-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Ace is the Place....

AL

dbfletcher
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
so no one still wants to....

post the size and sku number please

DickB
08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
If I had it, I'd post it. I went to the hardware store, matched, and bought. I don't recall the size and did not write any numbers down.
Here's the description from the CarveWright parts list:
Machine Screw - CSK Head, M5 x 14mm Long, 90 degree csk, special M4 head

dbfletcher
08-18-2009, 07:32 PM
I just realized that my post may have come off sounding a lot harsher than intended. Al was the first to request more precise specs.. and then it sounded like he also found them at Ace. Unfortuantely, there isn't an Ace located very close to my area... althougth we do have a Lowes and Fastenall. So I apoligize if I sounded rude in my ealrier post. I just figred someone who have exactly what we need to "ask" for or search online for for an internet source.

Thanks,

Doug

DickB
08-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Lowes and Fastenall should have them. I went to True Value. With the CarveWright dimensions, just use flat head cap screw in place of Phillips in a search and you should find lots on line.