PDA

View Full Version : Quick Release Chuck still wobbly ...

Ron Smith
04-06-2006, 08:50 PM
I've tightened it up as much as I can and it holds the bit securely, but it still has the same wobble of almost 1/16th of an inch. I don't want to try the machine again, since with the small carving bit, it shows quite a lot of variance at the tip when turned by hand. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss for now. Does this mean the threads were stripped when it came loose before (see prior threads). Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. You guys are great. I want to get back to making cool stuff!

yenne
04-07-2006, 09:48 AM
We'll send you another one, and we'd appreciate it if you sent us back yours so that we can figure out what happened.

Erik will be contacting you shortly...

Ron Smith
04-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Yenne,

I appreciate the assistance ... but how do I get it off? I've tried but haven't been able to get it off again after I screwed the Quick Release Chuck back on the head. I put Locktite on the threads and that part seems okay. The part that is wobbling is the sleeve of the Quick Release Chuck that slides up and down. When I take hold of the raised ring on the outside of the chuck, I can wobble the whole chuck, but the inside of the chuck that is screwed onto the head doesn't move. The chuck seems to be tight on the threads to the head, but the sleeve on the chuck itself wobbles. allowing the bit to wobble also. Have I described it well enough to give you a visual of where the problem actually is?

yenne
04-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Erik should call you (assuming he hasn't already). If a tool is needed to remove the chuck, we'll include that with our package.