PDA

View Full Version : Curved Surfaces

JimStaley
08-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The Carvewright employees project page shows a box with convex curved sides. The sides are also carved. I can't figure oit how to make curved sides let alone carve on curved sides. Can anyone explain how to do that? They also show a box with carvings on edges that are at an angle to the top. How is this done?

cestout
08-09-2009, 05:08 PM
You add a carved out region, insert your pattern(s) and make them additive. That is the simple answer. If your patterns need to be layered, you need to study at least two "Tips & Tricks" - the one on layering and thew one on placing one carved out region over a copy of itself. You do one copy flat with the patterns layered and the second domed and additive. For the carved sloped edges, add long narrow carved out regions, dome them one side and set the depth high - like 900. Then you add your patterns additive. It takes lots of practice and study all the Tips & Tricks.
Clint

JimStaley
08-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks. I was able to do it with your help. I didn't realize that there were other surfaces available other than the button pinches.