PDA

View Full Version : Blank LCD

billybehr
08-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I removed my traction belt assemblies because I had found out that one of them had rolled under. After pulling it out and straightening out the belt, I put it all back together and then went to turn in on, only to find out that it wouldn't turn on at all, or at least there is nothing showing on the LCD. I checked all the connections I could find and found nothing loose or disconnected. I even unplugged the LCD connector and reconnected it hoping it wasn't seated properly. HELP!

Thanks, Bill

PCW
08-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Bill,

Make sure you memory card is inserted and also may want to try the contrast knob on the keypad.

billybehr
08-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Bill,

Make sure you memory card is inserted and also may want to try the contrast knob on the keypad.

Checked the memory card (well seated), and the contrast on the keypad is not it either. I opened the bottom up and checked the switch. I am getting power to and through the switch up to the circuit board. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or any such thing on this beast. I really don't want to have to send it in for repair after only having it less than a month, with less than 6 hours on it.

Bill

PCW
08-08-2009, 07:48 PM
With the power off make sure all the cables are seated good especially to the ribbon cable from the LCD.

unitedcases
08-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Sounds like the controller, the part that the memory card inserts into. Mine did that about 150 hours ago. Pretty expensive part. It seems to be one of the easier parts to change out. Good Luck!

supershingler
08-08-2009, 08:41 PM
try turning the machine off and turning it back on.

i turned my machine on without the card inserted then inserted the card but the screen wouldnt come on unless i turned off the power and turned it back on.

hope it works so you can get back carving

kendall

billybehr
08-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for all the good info. Unfortunately I have tried all of that and then some. I guess it is just Murphy's Law. Buy used and get shafted. On that note; I don't think buying from Deal Monger is that good of a deal.

Bill