PDA

View Full Version : Traction belt misalignment

billybehr
08-08-2009, 05:08 PM
I noticed that I was getting an x-axis error, so I unloaded my project and noticed that my traction belt on the right side of my machine had drifted under the guide rail. How do I realign this belt so it is running center again? I know how to do it on my belt sander, but I don't see a simple turn scew on the CW. Thanks in advance.

Bill

DocWheeler
08-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Bill, there is no adjustment. You can compress the springs and slip it back without taking it apart or take that unit out and adjust it.

There are several threads on this topic.

To compress the springs in-place, use a small bar-clamp against the rod coming out of the unit itself on the back side and then use something to pry the front side under the squaring plate on the front.

Usually there is a board problem, tapered board, or a head-pressure problem that causes the belts to slip although I saw a post showing a badly constructed one of these where the spring was fouled.

unitedcases
08-08-2009, 08:02 PM
There is a post somewhere that states using type of metal dowel and making it .8 inches long. Then you insert on the rod and use the infeed and outfeed tables to compress. This trick works very well.