PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve up for Sale - Low Hours - Needs A Repair

911guy
08-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Hello All,

As a result of not being able to get my Compucarve to work (and with a little frustration involved) I am listing it on EBAY. It has only 57 cut motor hours but is out of warranty. Starting bid is $9.95 (sure to go up).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260460100204

I have two errors which I cannot fix (I'm not much of a mechanic to begin with and have given up). "Please close cover" and "Error 248 Axis Stall".

Tried a new switch, it has a brand new truck, new bearings for the truck, circuit board (behind truck), bearings wrench, new head assembly, 3 extra sandpaper parts, new 15 pin data harness going to the circuit board to the back of the truck, and other misc parts. Comes with the memory card, the card uploader and manual.

Any questions, please let me know via private message. I have a few more pictures on EBAY. Thanks, it's been a fun ride with you all!

911guy
08-09-2009, 03:22 AM
bumping this up:)

bjbethke
08-09-2009, 04:49 AM
bumping this up:)
What is the cost to bring your machine to my shop? I think any of these machines can be repaired. I have lots of great carving wood and I can make a great trade. PM me.

Digitalwoodshop
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Sorry you didn't get it working. Good Luck with the sale.

Saw the question about patterns. I don't believe licensed patterns can transfer since the new owner registers it. Does anyone know for sure?

AL

Steven Alford
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM
What is the cost to bring your machine to my shop? I think any of these machines can be repaired. I have lots of great carving wood and I can make a great trade. PM me.

What exactly is he going to do with the carving wood if he is selling his carving machine??:roll:

Digitalwoodshop
08-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Does he have more than one machine?

AL

bjbethke
08-09-2009, 03:50 PM
What exactly is he going to do with the carving wood if he is selling his carving machine??:roll:
He might be a true WOOD Worker???

Is the CW your only true love?

I have a complete wood shop; He might want to buy a LEGACY Mill, or a Scroll Saw. The CW can be a troublesome machine if you do not know how it works.

Maybe just a few carving knives, there are lots of way to improve the looks of a great peace of wood.

I might be willing to trade a few of my extra machines. I even have a saw mill, after I get all this carving wood cut up I may be willing to sell that thing.

Bradleytavares
08-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Do you still want to sell the machine? Did ebay do it? Contact me. Ol'Dad

Steven Alford
08-10-2009, 05:04 PM
He might be a true WOOD Worker???

Is the CW your only true love?

I have a complete wood shop; He might want to buy a LEGACY Mill, or a Scroll Saw. The CW can be a troublesome machine if you do not know how it works.

Maybe just a few carving knives, there are lots of way to improve the looks of a great peace of wood.

I might be willing to trade a few of my extra machines. I even have a saw mill, after I get all this carving wood cut up I may be willing to sell that thing.

Yes, you guys are right, there are many used for wood besides carving.;)

911guy
08-11-2009, 07:38 PM

Appreciate it, I'm just going to give it up for awhile, thanks!

911guy
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Sorry you didn't get it working. Good Luck with the sale.

Saw the question about patterns. I don't believe licensed patterns can transfer since the new owner registers it. Does anyone know for sure?

AL

Ok, thanks. I wasn't real sure about that. I do not have more than one machine either :)

911guy
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Do you still want to sell the machine? Did ebay do it? Contact me. Ol'Dad

Looks like EBAY worked out well. Thanks though.