PDA

View Full Version : Lines into carve regions

Woodhacker
08-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I have been playing around with lines trying to make them into carve regions. The only thing I have been able to do is assign a depth profile to them. And, when ya do that there doesn't seem to ba any way to outline what you have or to extract a pattern from it. Is there not a way to connect them together into a carve region???:confused:

Thanx!!

Richard

cnsranch
08-05-2009, 10:00 AM
Try to use rectangle tool, make two triangles, one inside the other, make each a carve region, set the depth of the inside one to 0.00, and you've got what I think you're looking for.....

Woodhacker
08-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I know how to do that with the rectangles and such. What I was trying to do is like make a drawing with lines and then converting that into a carve region. It may be that I will have to do my drawing in Corel Draw or Illustrator maybe and then import them into the program...not sure yet. Just thought there would be a way to do it in Designer and only use one program. Thanx for the feedback!!

Richard

cnsranch
08-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Have you tried the connected lines tool?

Kenm810
08-05-2009, 01:30 PM
That's the way I often do it, most any graphics program will do.

HighTechOkie
08-05-2009, 01:55 PM
All of your lines must be connected and form a closed path to turn it into a carve region. AskBud should have a video or two on his site about it.

Rob

cnsranch
08-05-2009, 01:57 PM
All of your lines must be connected and form a closed path to turn it into a carve region.

Rob

Right - even with the connected lines tool I had to look close at each intersection to make sure they were connected.

Woodhacker
08-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Using the connected lines tool seems to do the trick as far as producing a carve region is concerned.. I am not sure if I could import a graphic and copy it that way but it will be worth giving it a whack. I am pretty good with CD and Illustrator, but this Designer is not quite as intuitive as they are. You have to work a LOT harder to get the same resuilts. Thanx guys!!

Richard