PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!

fisher474
08-04-2009, 09:54 PM
while trying to do a project, the machine starts up, starts carving and then stops. the warning on the screen says that the cover is open, however, this is not true. what should i do?

Ike
08-04-2009, 10:11 PM
while trying to do a project, the machine starts up, starts carving and then stops. the warning on the screen says that the cover is open, however, this is not true. what should i do?

Well your switch cover is loose or has gone bad. Do you use the cover to stop the carving or use the stop button and and enter to restart? I am asking because I believe by opening the cover during a carve causes static electricity and has an adverse effect on the switch.

Check the screws holding it for being loose. Also you can take it off completely and blow it out really good. Or tighten the screws and blow the switch out.

Another thing I will do is let the cover drop until I get the message hit enter to continue. Most likely you have a bad switch, it is the switch closest to the keypad.

Good luck.

Ike

Kenm810
08-05-2009, 06:40 AM
fisher474,

Welcome to the CW Forum

You also might want to check the connecter where it plugs into the circuit board,
mine shook loose from the machines vibration a couple of times.
I used a soda straw through one of the vent slots in the back of the lid to push it back into place.

This is one of Al's photos of where it plugs in

cestout
08-05-2009, 04:51 PM
I had that problem a while back. I would open thew cover and drop it. That worked for a while, then I had to replace the switch. On replacing, I found a broken wire at the switch. I have also had the plug come loose. I found that I could reach it from the open cover - just reach over the Y track. It is near the top of the board on the left by the servo that controls Y movement.
Clint