PDA

View Full Version : up grade 1.152

al2888dj
08-04-2009, 03:13 PM
anyone checked this out yet/?????

twiceretired
08-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Can't be as bad as 1.150, I was ready to go back in time to another version, but I may try this first.

Steven Alford
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM
OH GOD, not another one!!!
I'll put this one on my computer because there needs to be a lot of fixes to 1.15, but if this one is as bad a piece of cr%*^& as the last one I put on!!!

dholzric
08-04-2009, 11:44 PM
I installed it but can't test anything until i get my machine fixed.

anyone checked this out yet/?????

James RS
08-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Well I installed it and it seemed a little quicker to me, and the resolution is better in the designer.Question though could you always revolve the pattern in the little preview window below the pattern selector? never paid attention to that before

Kenm810
08-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Quote - "revolve the pattern in the little preview window"

You can in Version 1.34 and I believe you could in a couple of earlier Versions.

Steven Alford
08-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Ok, we have had this for awhile now. Can anyone report any problems worth noting? Did it fix some of the boo boos in 1.15 successfully??

Are then any improvements worth mentioning??

WorkedWood
08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
I've been using it for over a week now and it has fixed many of the bugs. It seems to crash with a GUI error when I'm working with centerline, but the carving speed is back up to where it was before the 1.150 update.

Steven Alford
08-11-2009, 09:54 PM
Anyone else have this crash with centerline thing??

LittleRedWoodshop
08-12-2009, 01:22 AM
for a company that provides all of the software updates for free - I think they do a pretty good job with the software. I think they came out with a fix pretty quickly. By the way, I haven't noted any issues with the update.

dbfletcher
08-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I had the gui crash a few times when working with centerline.. mostly when I am changing back and forth from raster to centerline. I use raster to I can get a feel for the postion of the letters in a carved region. Then i switch back to centerline when I compile. I havent been able to come up with a set of steps that will always reproduce the error however. Just a random occurance... but IT IS ALWAYS when i change centerline text in a project.

So far that is the only "big" problem I have stumbled across. So much better than 1.15 though!

Doug Fletcher

Steven Alford
08-12-2009, 01:59 PM
for a company that provides all of the software updates for free - I think they do a pretty good job with the software. I think they came out with a fix pretty quickly. By the way, I haven't noted any issues with the update.

I could not agree with you more Jason, regardless of how much I complain!! I just wonder if it will alwasy be free. Especially when they finally go to version 2.

One of the major drawbacks with version 1.15 was the board thickness setting when you had a pierce. You had to set it to .04 more than the actual thickness to get it to carve right. Now that I have upgraded to version 1.152, am I right in assuming that I will have to do the thickness calibration again and set the thickness to the exact amount instead of the +.04???

joesighting
08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Yep you will need to recalibrate Steven. They did fix that and it works very well now. By the way. I promised a cutout test the other day. Here it is. Worked great.
http://web.me.com/joesighting/iWeb/Site/CarveWright_files/IMG_0270.jpg
http://web.me.com/joesighting/iWeb/Site/CarveWright_files/IMG_0272.jpg
http://web.me.com/joesighting/iWeb/Site/CarveWright_files/IMG_0273.jpg

dbfletcher
08-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I just wanted to say.. that looks awesome!!!!! You did the eintre project on the carvewright correct?? Or at least the vast majority of it.

This is MDF right? I like carving in MDF besides the dust problem.. and I have heard others say that the glue is pretty abrasive so might wear out your tools faster... but it sure does come out clean.

Steven Alford
08-12-2009, 02:46 PM
No, I believe he did that in foam. Not sure about the new base, but it looks like wood.

joesighting
08-12-2009, 02:56 PM
The base is MDF. I don't like using MDF because of the sticky dust. I'll be cleaning my machine very thoroughly now. That dust gets everywhere and turns into a very nasty cement like substance. Anyway, yes the starship is dense foam and was carved on tha machine too. This whole project from the stand on up was made with the CarveWright. Still more painting needed on this thing. I'll have to remember that when I make big things like this to keep in mind how much painting I'll get myself into. I love it, but I don't think I'll ever be finished!!

No problems to report on 1.152 from my end. I haven't done any text yet though.

Joe