PDA

View Full Version : "fatal error (2)! storing debug data"

gman
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM
I can't find a fatal error 2 response that describes how to use the "debug data"
comment.How do I access this info? I had just restarted the carving after I blew out the dust and did a vac. job when this occurred. I am in the process of carving the wilderness clock, about 30% done with it.
Also, it seemed to sound nearly like an overload when I cut out the teapot carving as it cut through the pine I used in one pass. How can I change this so that several passes are used when I cut out the Wilderness carving? assuming I get that far.
( I had stopped the carving by opening the lid which I had done many times successfully before.)

jwblazek
08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I got the fatal Error 2 as well, about 2 hours into an eight hour carving. I opened the top to vacuum out some sawdust, closed the cover, hit enter and the Error Message popped up. tried restarting the carving several times but can't get it it to start at the same spot and if i open the cover, Fatal Error 2

Digitalwoodshop
08-30-2009, 01:26 PM
The Static made by the chips flowing through the hose ZAPPED your machine.... Could be VERY EXPENSIVE.... The more expensive Vacuum Cleaner Hoses have Carbon mixed in to shunt the Static Electricity to ground. The Cheaper Plastic Hoses make for a BIG ZAP.... So when you hear that big pile of chips flowing through the hose it was making THOUSANDS of Volts and it jumped to the Computer and most likely Fried it....

Turn the machine off and reboot.... Either it works of not...

Use Sensor Data to look and see if the switches are being seen by the computer.

Let us know,

AL

the_engineers
02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
This just happened to me as well. Same situation. I rebooted and when I try any of the measure commands, I get a 400 Error. When I try and measure thickness, I get a 303 Error.

Did I screw the pooch?

the_engineers
02-24-2010, 08:46 PM
Spoke with LHR today. They had me reformat my card. Did that and all is well!

SeaCapt97
02-25-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't remember what version of designer was used for the tea box project. But, some of my projects were originally designed before the Designer program allowed for a "max cut depth" assignment. Here's how to check/fix them.
Open the project in Designer. In the top menu bar pull down "view" slide down to "toolbars" slide to the right and select "carving list". From the list that appeared on the left, one at a time select each "cut path". The path will highlight on the project board. Pull down "tools" from the top menu bar. "Cut Path" should be checked already. Slide down to and select "edit cut out". This is where you will find the magical "max cut depth" option. For a .75" thick board I set the max cut depth to .3" . This makes the cutout in three passes and allows for a board that might be just a hair over the .75" expected thickness.
I wonder if there might be some glitch in the Wilderness Clock in the download process. The only time I ever got a "fatal error debug" was also carving this project. I've carved two so far and both times, carving errors occurred about 5 hours into the carve each time. Upside is I did learn how to "air carve". Reflashing and reloading the project got me through both times. I've since carved 4 different projects without a hitch.

Hope this helps,
Bill

RMarkey
02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Here's a tip if you have trouble completing a carve:

When the project asks you to "place on center, edge, or jog to position" pick jog.

Select jog to corner. Use the keypad arrows to move your project into position, but don't press enter yet.

Open the cover. Take the Z truck and push it into the wood, marking the spot. You can use a marker to highlight it if necessary. Close the cover and begin your carve.

Now if you are forced to 'restart', you can follow the above steps and re-position perfectly.