PDA

View Full Version : Possible board removal error?

shabang
04-02-2006, 04:53 PM
When the unit measures the board I get a possible board removal error.

The board stops half way and an audible click is heard.

If you press continue the board comes out too far and then the bit can not find the surface.

I have tried many different pieces all with the same results.

Cleaned and vacuumed, unless I missed something.

What do I do now?

Thanks

cmorlier
04-03-2006, 10:30 AM
On the under side of the head of there are two compression rollers. The rollers have switches that are used to detect that a board has been loaded and to assist in measuring the length of a board.

The "Possible Board Removal" error occurs when the wrong roller drops first. For example, if the board is being moved towards the back of the machine, then we expect the front roller to drop first. In this example, if the back roller drops first we throw the "Possible Board Removal" error.

Possible causes:
1) Board feature that causes a roller to drop, when is is not at the end of the board. If you have such a feature, then you probably need to create a jig for your workpiece.
2) If the board has come out from underneath both rollers, then it is likely that the roller that should have released first is stuck. Compress the offending roller with your hand and you should hear a click both when it compresses and releases. If you don't hear the clicks, then check that sawdust hasn't become clogged in the switch. You can also use item 7 under the options menu to ensure that the machine is sensing the roller state changes.
3) Low head compression. Ensure that you crank the head all the way down onto the board until the clutch slips. You may also try adding a little downward pressure on the head as you crank it down. If you have to press down or cannot get a board loaded indication, please call us so that we can resolve the issue.

Since you say the board stops in the middle and that it happens on many different pieces, it sounds like you may be having problems with the head compression. Try pushing down on the head as described to see if it helps. This could at least get you up and running, but either way give us a call so that we can provide a more appropriate resolution.

nicobie
04-03-2006, 02:16 PM
I had this happen on my machine. In fact it still happens on occasion. In my case the problem was in the plug that goes into the circuit board from the roller switches.

To fix it I stick a long screwdriver in from the back and push on the plug that has the 4 multi-colored wires. So far that has worked every time.

BTW, thanks to Chris L. for his patience and expertise in diagnosing my problem. We were on the phone over an hour before we figured out what was going on.

shabang
04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
Adding pressure to the unit as it lowers has seemed to fix my problem as a temp fix.

I'll check the sensor for any wood chips.

I do have to call since I still need my screen that fell in fixed. Just need to find the time.

The board rolls to the right ( if looking at control panel ) then on the way to the left it stops almost in the middle. I don't think I stated that in the first post.

But I'll check it out.

Thanks for all your time.