PDA

View Full Version : 1.15 ugggh!!

Shawnf2
08-03-2009, 07:02 AM
This is really starting to upset me now the 1.15 version plan sucks first I can't do outline text with v-bits all i get is unfinished letters or an outline around a supposed to be letter,now i try to bring up the latest project of the month and its says it was written on a new version of software check for updates I checked and have the latest this crappy 1.15.I spent a lot of money for this machine and add ons,and cant even use it for the basic things i want.
LHR needs to get there stuff together.

dbfletcher
08-03-2009, 07:10 AM
There is also a thread in the "gallery" section about problems with the new POM. If it helps at all... you are not alone!!!!

Doug Fletcher

Digitalwoodshop
08-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Buy Centerline Text and be happy....

Or search my old posts where I posted "Centerline Font Boards"

They have A and B and C and D as a separate entry. You can select the A and move it to a place on the board. Select a L and move it....

Align them and you have AL in Centerline Text without the $300.00....

It will be much harder to spell words as you move the letters around but before we had Centerline the 2nd time, that is what I did.

As long as you don't select the letter and try to change it, like the font, it will work. Change it and it becomes raster text.

AL

Shawnf2
08-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm not buying another darn thing until this stuff works right,i never had a problem until 1.15

SteveEJ
08-03-2009, 11:52 AM
I feel your pain. They need to stop adding features, slow down, and add to the basics, ie: Feed rates, Bug Fixes, etc.

PCW
08-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Al,

I wish I had read this a couple of months ago.:mrgreen: That is a good tip!

mtylerfl
08-03-2009, 03:22 PM
There is also a thread in the "gallery" section about problems with the new POM. If it helps at all... you are not alone!!!!

Doug Fletcher

Hello Doug,

No problem at all running the Baroque Corner Shelf POM (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=12257) with the 1.150 software - that's what I created it on and that's what I ran it on for myself. BTW, I ran it myself with FULL DEPTH single-pass cut paths in 3/4" thick Select Pine - no problem whatsoever. However, I did set the cut paths in the actual distribution files with a 0.3" multi-pass setting for those who might be nervous using a single-pass setting. The user has the freedom to change the cut path to any setting they wish, at any time.

The problems you are referring to were that the pdf instructions had just two instances of "fraction symbol fonts" that not everyone had on their system, so I modified the pdf so it eliminated that issue. The other problem seems to have been that the mpc files could not open after being downloaded, apparently due to a compiling issue when the files were prepared for distribution.

As far as I know, neither of those issues had anything to do with the 1.150 version itself.

newcarver
08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I have said this before and i'll say it again. Go back to 1.120!!!! I run projects everyday, that run fine and have the same predicable results every time. Sure, I may not be able to buy "the new" patterns and the pom's but to have a machine(with the help of the rock) that is reliable, seems like a good trade off... Those who will say, 1.130 and higher where just fine,,,did not have my machine. Between broken parts, ruined signs, broken bits, to name a few, I will not risk going up the ladder until its safe. This is almost 5yrs of exp, telling me I'm fine with my decision.