PDA

View Full Version : Load Bit

waynethornton
08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
:confused:My machine is continuing to ask to load bit. I have made sure the bit plate is swinging out and bit is touching. I have cleaned the track both x and z. I looked at the qc bit looks good and seated properly. Looked close at all wires no problems found. Any help would be appreciated.

Jeff_Birt
08-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Is the bit touching the flat part of the bit plate? Does it try 3-4 times to find the bit plate and then quit or does it go over and try to find the board?

waynethornton
08-03-2009, 09:52 AM
It goes over and the bit plate swings out, bit touched 2-3 times, then moves to the left and reads finding surface, and moves back to center with load bit. I have tried loading different bits like routing edge still same problem. Any help, I am trying to call LHR and just run the machine to them since I live in Houston but only voice mail.
Thanks

mtylerfl
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM
It goes over and the bit plate swings out, bit touched 2-3 times, then moves to the left and reads finding surface, and moves back to center with load bit. I have tried loading different bits like routing edge still same problem. Any help, I am trying to call LHR and just run the machine to them since I live in Houston but only voice mail.
Thanks

Try propping the bit plate out all the way with a scrap piece of styrofoam taped in place before running the project.

From what you are describing it does sound like the bit plate is not coming out all the way. Do the test, then you'll know...then you can work with LHR to fix the real underlying problem.

It could be something as simple as the truck hitting the wires tucked in the back right corner which may be preventing it from hitting the bit plate sufficiently to swing the plate to its full out position.

waynethornton
08-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Will try , seems like the bit plate is swinging out to it's full position. I have inspected all wires, no obstructions. It first would not find the route edge bit and the next carve could not find any bits. Still trying to reach LHR.

waynethornton
08-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Took machine to LHR today and should be ready with upgrades by end of week. Great service drove to site in pasadena and was amazed bu the number of machines going at the same time. Great service, fast response time and good people.:)

dholzric
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
I had problems with the bit plate on mine not swinging out and it ended up being a problem with it sticking. I oiled it a bit and now it works fine (or would if the chuck wasn't broken:)

Try propping the bit plate out all the way with a scrap piece of styrofoam taped in place before running the project.

From what you are describing it does sound like the bit plate is not coming out all the way. Do the test, then you'll know...then you can work with LHR to fix the real underlying problem.

It could be something as simple as the truck hitting the wires tucked in the back right corner which may be preventing it from hitting the bit plate sufficiently to swing the plate to its full out position.

chebytrk
08-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks

What if it only goes out and touches the bit plate only once? My use to do it 2-3 times, but now it only does it once.