PDA

View Full Version : Jewelry Boxes

TerryT
08-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Just finishing up a few more boxes. This is the first time using that flocking stuff on the inside. It really makes a nice looking job. The last picture shows some compartments on the inside of one of the boxes.

DocWheeler
08-02-2009, 05:21 PM
Terry,

Very nicely done, I'm kinda partial to the one with legs.

b.sumner47
08-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Terry , I can't say enough with the quality of your work, simply beatiful. Capt.Barry

Kenm810
08-02-2009, 05:31 PM
Terry,

Beautiful work on your jewelry boxes, really first class
Also great looking patterns at your web
site at a very reasonable price. http://forum.carvewright.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

robbrigg2
08-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Great work!

mtylerfl
08-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Just finishing up a few more boxes. This is the first time using that flocking stuff on the inside. It really makes a nice looking job. The last picture shows some compartments on the inside of one of the boxes.

Terry, excellent designs. Love your work!

Where are you purchasing your flocking material? Do you have an online source you like to use?

I tried our local Michael's Arts & Crafts and asked for "flocking" a couple months ago. Not one single employee had ever heard of it before, nor had the manager, which surprised me! (I originally wanted to use it for my Tic-Tac-Toe project.) I've seen it in shaker-type canisters before, but that was somewhere in Florida a few years ago.

TerryT
08-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Michael,
This is the first time I have used it. I picked it up at WoodCraft but you could probably find it cheaper somewhere else. It goes a long way and looks very nice when done.

mifflinlake
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
The flocking does give it a very professional look. Nice job. They have flocking at our local Hobby Lobby. Never tried it before, but now Im tempted.

RayTrek
08-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Terry,
Awesome looking boxes
Ray