PDA

View Full Version : Changing board thickness

Dan-Woodman
04-02-2006, 08:58 AM
One new feature I like is being abel to change the board thickness in the software without clearing out the project ,or starting over. I may want to test the outcome of a project on MDF board first before carving on the good wood. It's as simple as right click on the project and select -board settings. Test on 3/4" MDF and then carve on 1 1/2 " cedar for a sign for example. Another feature I really like is being able to enter measurements like 1 1/2" rather than having to convert to decimal. later Daniel

yenne
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Allow me to add that the machine should gracefully handle a board of a different thickness than called for in the project. You should be able to insert a piece of MDF instead of the appropriate material and the machine will correctly handle it. For cut-throughs, the machine always measures the actual thickness rather than relying on what was specified in the project.

The only caveat is that the machine currently doesn't protect itself against user-specified rout depths that exceed the board's thickness. If you explicitly command a 1" deep rout but only insert a 1/2" board, the machine may damage itself. This problem is currently being corrected.

You're safe for now as long as the board you insert is thick enough to handle the commanded cuts.

Dan-Woodman
04-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Will this procedure still work if I put in a 3/4 " MDF,carve it ,put in a 1 1/2 board and hit repeat?

yenne
04-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, the machine doesn't support repeating a project at this time, otherwise I'd say go for it.