PDA

View Full Version : Just runs and runs while measuring board

djarboe
08-01-2009, 03:08 PM
:confused:
Well, I'm back with another odd problem. I'm carving, well trying to carve, in a board that is a hair over 3/8" thick, and much longer than my project. I start the CW up and select the project, then tell it not to keep it under the rollers. The CW then measures the width, and then starts to measure the length. Problem is, it just feeds the board out of the front of the machine, and the belts keep running and running and running. Thinking this was a problem with the board not contacting the brass roller good enough, I put masking tape along the edge. No change. I looked at the masking tape, and can see where the "teeth" in the brass roller have left impressions in the tape.

Any thoughts?

fwharris
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
:confused:
Well, I'm back with another odd problem. I'm carving, well trying to carve, in a board that is a hair over 3/8" thick, and much longer than my project. I start the CW up and select the project, then tell it not to keep it under the rollers. The CW then measures the width, and then starts to measure the length. Problem is, it just feeds the board out of the front of the machine, and the belts keep running and running and running. Thinking this was a problem with the board not contacting the brass roller good enough, I put masking tape along the edge. No change. I looked at the masking tape, and can see where the "teeth" in the brass roller have left impressions in the tape.

Any thoughts?

Your board has to be at least 1/2" thick or put it on a carrier board...

djarboe
08-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Your board has to be at least 1/2" thick or put it on a carrier board...

OOPS. OK, I'll put it on a carrier board with some double sided tape.:oops:

djarboe
08-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Yup, That worked. I'll bet that information is in those instruction thingys that we should read... right? Actually, I did read them, but that detail just dropped out of my memory.

I have that now written this important tidbit in permanent marker on the cover, in case (when) my brain fails me once again.

Thanks again:)

fwharris
08-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Yup, That worked. I'll bet that information is in those instruction thingys that we should read... right? Actually, I did read them, but that detail just dropped out of my memory.

I have that now written this important tidbit in permanent marker on the cover, in case (when) my brain fails me once again.

Thanks again:)

Yup, them instruction thingys will answer a lot of questions one might have about this little machine..;)...

Just in case you did not know you are not aware, here is a link to the CW documentation page. Lots of info to refer to..
http://www.carvewright.com/cms/customer_service