PDA

View Full Version : Machine not working

Wilbur
07-30-2009, 12:38 PM
On my machine, when I start a project I get
Project error (-57) abort.

I abort and when I start over everything works fine except when I turn the board over to carve the other side.

everything goes fine until the machine starts to measure the board. The Z truck comes over to the end where the key pad is and it just sits there going back and fourth in a one spot.

I stop and try again and get the message

Fatal error ( 2)
Please reboot machine.

Help

Wilbur

Digitalwoodshop
07-30-2009, 12:56 PM
I would look for a loose cable

I would clean the rails, bearings and cog belt. Also clean the rails in the area between the truck bearings. A unseen place that you can't wipe when it is raised or lowered, a no man's land....

Try again. If fails again...

Remove the back of the Z Motor Black Cap and carefully clean the encoder wheel. It may be so black it is getting confused.

The little lines on the disk make pulses as it moves like a baseball card in your bike spokes....:-D

You can also look at the Z Data and move the head and see if the pulses count.

There have also been some reports of the disk on the back being loose on the shaft.

AL

Wilbur
07-31-2009, 12:27 PM
Thanks AL.

I have done all that. Now I am getting a different message.

I have the 1.15 software upgrade as well

Now I am getting clean board sensor. I have went through all that the book says to do even tape on the board and just got through putting the sensor back together. Nothing changed except that instead of hanging up on the end with the key pad it goes to the other end and gives me the same message now.

I don't know if it is the software or not but everything was working good until I upgraded.

Wilbur

fishcarver
07-31-2009, 02:50 PM
ck your sandpaper belts, see if they have rolled over and are touching
the metal plate on the key board side, this will give you that message,
also remove them and cut at least 1/4" off of the key board side, the belt dosent have to roll over that way very mush to bind up on you.
it is easy to get them off and back on.
stacey

Wilbur
07-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks, That is something I will keep an eye on.

I found the problem. It was my board was to wide.

I was using a wide board of 14.75" which has worked twice before. I took off .25" and everything is working fine.

So it is a hit and miss that a 14.75" board will work.

Wilbur