PDA

View Full Version : owners in virginia???

myxpykalix
04-01-2006, 01:00 AM
Are there any carvewright owners in virginia? If so would you be open to letting me see the unit firsthand? (This will give you the opportunity to show the other kids on the block your new toys!) THANKS!!!

Ron Smith
04-02-2006, 08:09 AM
I have been in some training for the past two weeks, so I haven't gotten to play with mine much yet, but I'd be glad to show you the machine and what little I know about it. It would at least give you some "hands on" experience. I'm located on the south side of Richmond. Send me a PM and we can discuss what you'd like to do.

TonyToolman
03-12-2007, 09:05 PM
If you are in the Northern VA. I would be happy to let you see how it works for me.

oju392
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Newport News

Don Williams
09-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Newport News

I live Norfolk. just got stared like to talk with you

al2888dj
09-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Rocky Mt. Va.

Foxfurniture
09-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm just north of Richmond, and need some advice.

itravel
02-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I am a PROUD new owner of a used machine with only 5 hours on the timer!
Lucky me until I started my first project, got half way thru and got the "Power Fluctuation" ERROR. Will have to deal with that one tomorrow.

I sure would like to get with someone that knows about all the maintenance on this thing. Seeing and having it explained first hand would really do me good.

Let me know if one of you all have some extra time on your hands. It sure would be appreciated.

Looking forward to learn all I can about this machine!

Thanks!

Dan-Woodman
02-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Welcome
You have already made the second step,coming to the forum. Read all you can ,go to the CW website and under tuterals you will find lots of info.
It's a fun machine , but there is a learning curve.
later Daniel

Jeff_Birt
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Welcome to the forum itravel. The power fluctuation error could be caused by a faulty power supply or simply a disruption in your electrical supply. We had a lot of storms rolling through here tonight and that would be enough to do it.

As Dan mentioned run over to the CW website and click on the support tab. You find tutorials, Tips&Tricks and much more. Here is a direct link to Tips&Tricks:
http://carvewright.com/cms/tips-and-tricks, I think the January 2008 issue cover maintenance.

Digitalwoodshop
02-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Welcome Everyone !!!!

Spent 4 years in Norfolk on a old Tin Can.... Does that count?... Well.... No....

But I really did enjoy my time stationed there. It was 79 to 84 and a good time to be in the Navy.

AL

FCC(SW) Retired

JOHNB
02-27-2009, 06:42 AM
i'm in winchester. my shop door is open to anyone that wants to come inside. just let me know ahead of time so i can unload the shotgun. lol. just kidding, pm me.
be more than happy to share what i know and help you with your machine.

Woodrat
02-27-2009, 04:17 PM
i'm in winchester. my shop door is open to anyone that wants to come inside. just let me know ahead of time so i can unload the shotgun. lol. just kidding, pm me.
be more than happy to share what i know and help you with your machine.

JOHNB this woodrat (Roy Wiles) and i live in Fort Valley and would like to see your shop sometime.

itravel
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Hey thanks for the input guys.
Did all the routines with the electric, used Master Electrican for the job. Disconnected & reconnected all cables and power connections. Ran smooth for about an 1 hour then that dreadful message " Power Fluctuatuion".
So, I had enough and broke down & called tech support, I have a new power supply being shipped today.

JohnB you have a PM coming your way! Thanks for the invite.

JOHNB
02-28-2009, 06:49 AM
woodrat; itravel lives right around the corner, we hope to get together asap. i work nite shift, so gotta find the right time. but in the mean time, you're more than welcome to stop by also. used to live in strasburg, now in stephenson. drop me a line.

JOHNB
02-28-2009, 06:50 AM
Are there any carvewright owners in virginia? If so would you be open to letting me see the unit firsthand? (This will give you the opportunity to show the other kids on the block your new toys!) THANKS!!!

where do you live at?