PDA

View Full Version : Setting bit depth on text when using centerline mode.

dave
03-30-2006, 09:34 PM
I do not seem to be able to set the cutting depth in text when using centerline mode on text. When using a V-bit the depth seems ficed to the width of the font not the tip of the bit. When using a ball-nose or flat bottom bit it seems to just scratch the surface. The depth in the bit selection tool says .250 but it does not show up on the screen or finished work. What am I doing wrong?
All in all my machine has worked great right out of the box. Great job CarveWrite.

yenne
03-31-2006, 02:41 PM
The bit depth is not changeable when centerlined, since the depth is determined (as you correctly presumed) by the widths of the strokes in the letters being centerlined. Deeper depths can be achieved with a 60-degree v-groove because it must go deeper to achieve the same widths. Ballnose bits will be shallow because their profile gets wide much more quickly.

The depth box should be disabled when centerlined -- I'll fix this problem.

cheers,

dave
03-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Is there any way that there could be a toggle to pick either the centerline and a depth for using flat and ball nosed bits and to pick font width when using a V-bit? I think that would enhance the capability of the machine.

yenne
04-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Is there any way that there could be a toggle to pick either the centerline and a depth for using flat and ball nosed bits and to pick font width when using a V-bit?
That sounds like a good idea. I'll put it on the list. This will miss the next release (in the next five days or so), but we should be able to get it into the following one.

dave
04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Is there any way that there could be a toggle to pick either the centerline and a depth for using flat and ball nosed bits and to pick font width when using a V-bit?
That sounds like a good idea. I'll put it on the list. This will miss the next release (in the next five days or so), but we should be able to get it into the following one.
Thanks, This little machine allong with a great easy to understand software package make a fantastic team. I am really having fun creating projects.