PDA

View Full Version : Need info please....

bogwojny
07-26-2009, 04:21 PM
Im needing to know where I can get a 12mm flat wrench inorder to adjust the roller bearings???????

bogwojny
07-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Never mind found one in my tool box.......thanks anyways.

Dan-Woodman
07-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Was it in the same place you put it ,so you'd remember where it was? LOL
Thats what I do .
I think I ended up useing a wrench that came with a bifold closet door or something like that.
later Daniel

bogwojny
07-26-2009, 06:03 PM
haha yeah I think but it could have been from some kids toy or furniture....didnt fit but will keep looking through my junk drawer.

bogwojny
07-26-2009, 06:17 PM
The problem Im having is the top part the z-truck its loose with the top left screw being loose also I added some lock tight to it and set it back in. There alot play in top part this can move it back and forth by hand. Would I have to tighten the right side hex nut to adjust it right? It came new from company lose like this and might have been reason the QC broke.
I installed the ROCK also today and it went in easy!!!!
I didnt have an issue with the lock tight on old Qc just tightened it a little and it came right off without heat.
Cant wait to try it out once I figure out the z-truck issue being loose...anyone?

fwharris
07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
The problem Im having is the top part the z-truck its loose with the top left screw being loose also I added some lock tight to it and set it back in. There alot play in top part this can move it back and forth by hand. Would I have to tighten the right side hex nut to adjust it right? It came new from company lose like this and might have been reason the QC broke.
I installed the ROCK also today and it went in easy!!!!
I didnt have an issue with the lock tight on old Qc just tightened it a little and it came right off without heat.
Cant wait to try it out once I figure out the z-truck issue being loose...anyone?

Do you have the PDF file for the bearing adjustment???? If not go here and make sure you bookmark the page.. Lots of info you can use..

http://www.carvewright.com/cms/customer_service

FINGERS
07-27-2009, 07:04 AM
In a pinch you can make one just grind a 12mm flat,I made one with my blet sander with some 60 grit.

bjbethke
07-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Im needing to know where I can get a 12mm flat wrench inorder to adjust the roller bearings???????
The left side bearings are the fixed bearings. You need to remove the Z-truck to tighten that bearing. It's easy to do. The bearing keeper has a screw slot. And the z-truck needs to be removed to hold that keeper... Download the PDF.

bogwojny
07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Had thought it would be a pain but was actually easy once I got into doing it. Will be running the Rock this weekend!!!!!!

badger
07-29-2009, 12:27 AM
If you have trouble finding one. Check your local bicycle repair shop. Found mine there, he had a spare and sold me one, he also had the location where he orders his from. Fits perfectly on the nut behind the screw.

bogwojny
07-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I just took a regular open end 12 mm wrench and grinded it down thin works perfect.