PDA

View Full Version : Y gear box/motor

jpeter14
07-26-2009, 09:55 AM
Has anyone changed the bearings in the Y gear box, if so what is the size of the bearings and a source?

Thanks, John

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2009, 10:20 AM
Has anyone changed the bearings in the Y gear box, if so what is the size of the bearings and a source?

Thanks, John

They are a Sleeve Bearing pressed in. EDIT ..... WRONG !!!!!!!!! AL When they wear out they also make the shaft smaller. I see this as a future RJustice Project, selling the same gearbox but with real bearings.

I posted pictures of the back of the gear box showing the C Clip. If you put a few drops of oil on that clip, it will extend the life of the gearbox.

AL

jpeter14
07-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks Al, I believe mine has a ball bearing ID 3/16" OD 7/16" deapth of 3/16. Is that different than a sleeve bearing? Pitcure attached

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2009, 12:23 PM
More Pictures please..... :)

Makes me wonder if that is a ball bearing under all that dust.....?

AL

DocWheeler
07-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Al,

Mine had a ball-bearing also, but the shaft still failed (wore out inside the bearing)!

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2009, 02:33 PM
FOOT IN MOUTH.... Looks like if I had taken the time to wipe the dust off the bearing I would have found real Bearings under the dust....

So I WAS WRONG Again.... It not only has one bearing but TWO.... Makes me wonder why my 2 gear boxes failed.....

So much for that advice about the drop of oil......

Sorry about that.. Surprised no one from LHR corrected me..... Or do they just Ignore me.... AL who?....:rolleyes:

Won't be needing Ron to make the Gear Boxes afterall....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
02-14-2010, 08:40 PM
OLD POST

BUMP to the TOP.....

This is where I was corrected...... Ball Bearings.... not Sleeve Bearings....

The Size listing of the bearing might help you find a place to buy them.

AL

Spanglerg@hotmail.com
02-14-2010, 10:24 PM

Thanks, John

Bearing Information that may be of use to some!

http://www.jp.nsk.com/app02/BearingGuide/html/bearing48240.htm

bdehoyos
03-22-2010, 09:04 PM
did you find a place to buy the berrings and the grear?