PDA

View Full Version : Wiring to cut motor

Steven Alford
07-25-2009, 05:43 PM
I just had problems with my board sensor and have fixed it (removed dust from the lens). But while taking the sensor off, I decided that since I was doing that, I might as well clean some other things in the machine. So I took the top off to do some dusting and as most of you that have done this before know, there are wires attached to the top; some for the cover switch and others for the cut motor (I think). It was straight forward putting the cover switch plug back in, but the wires for the motor are another issue.

It is simply two white wires attached to a black and white wire coming from the motor. My question is, does it matter which of the white wires is attached to the black wire?? Why they could not have used black to black and white to white is beyond me!! If I get them switched, will the motor run alright? Or is this bad juju??

PCW
07-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Steve

Doesn't matter which way the cut motor wires (opposite of keypad) go back. The wires is just making a loop thru the switch.

fwharris
07-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I just had problems with my board sensor and have fixed it (removed dust from the lens). But while taking the sensor off, I decided that since I was doing that, I might as well clean some other things in the machine. So I took the top off to do some dusting and as most of you that have done this before know, there are wires attached to the top; some for the cover switch and others for the cut motor (I think). It was straight forward putting the cover switch plug back in, but the wires for the motor are another issue.

It is simply two white wires attached to a black and white wire coming from the motor. My question is, does it matter which of the white wires is attached to the black wire?? Why they could not have used black to black and white to white is beyond me!! If I get them switched, will the motor run alright? Or is this bad juju??

Steven,

It does not matter which wires for the cut motor. It is just a switch circuit. No bad juju for this one.

Glad to hear you got the sensor cleaned out too!!

Steven Alford
07-25-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks again Floyd and Dan.
I hooked the wires up and no longer got the "Clear board sensor" error but I did not want to run the motor until I knew it was OK. Thanks!!

fwharris
07-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks again Floyd and Dan.
I hooked the wires up and no longer got the "Clear board sensor" error but I did not want to run the motor until I knew it was OK. Thanks!!

Always glad to help!!! And not to worry, I and many others had the same question about the wires!!!