PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero Signage

brdad
07-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Here is my latest project, for my niece who plays bass and likes the video game Guitar Hero. The pattern is of the bass guitar she uses. it is about 24" long, carved from poplar, painted by the wife and 4 coats of spray poly. I made a few goofs, but overall it came out nice and it was well received. I found a font close to the GH font to use for her name, but I think it's not great for centerline or I may have programmed it for the 90° bit and used the 60° bit or vise-versa.

chebytrk
07-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Here is my latest project, for my niece who plays bass and like the video game Guitar Hero. The pattern is of the bass guitar she uses. it is about 24" long, carved from poplar, painted by the wife and 4 coats of spray poly. I made a few goofs, but overall it came out nice and it was well received. I found a font close to the GH font to use for her name, but I think it's not great for centerline or I may have programmed it for the 90° bit and used the 60° bit.
Cool Beans ! Any chance of sharing the .mpc ? :)

brdad
07-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Cool Beans ! Any chance of sharing the .mpc ? :)

Sure!

You may want to do a little editing, I did and like a dummy didn't save all the changes. for the tuner parts, I used 3/16" dowels, slotted them with a saw to accept the the tuners, which were cut from popsicle sticks (I had those handy, was easier than cutting thin pieces of wood).

I cut the outline .2" deep and finished off with my band saw.

The font I used for the name is Nightmare Hero (http://www.dafont.com/nightmare-hero.font).

RayTrek
07-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Brdad,

That’s cool, A very nice gift.
Thanks ~ Ray