PDA

View Full Version : Computer Short? What's your take?

911guy
07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi all,

I called LHR 3 days ago, was getting a "Please Close Cover" error over and over, couldn't shake it. I ordered a new Assembly Head Unit which included the plastic see through safety cover (needed a new one anyway) and switch harnesses. Tech Support said I should bypass the switch (wire together) just to test the open/close sensor. I did but still got the cover open error.:confused:

I Installed the Assembly Head unit today, still does not work, sensor test still says "Open". I bypassed the switch (wired together), now says closed. When I try to run a project, I keep getting "Please Close Cover", then if I move the head unit horizontally, the "Press Enter To Proceed" comes on. I press enter, and I get "Please Close Cover" again with slight movement of the head. Also keep getting error code 248 (Axis stall, the head runs very rough horizontally).

I am thinking this might be a short in the computer board? Would like some input from the membership on possible causes. I realize this may be a slew of issues but if I need to order a new computer board, I will. I'm using 1.134v, haven't updated to the new one just yet.

Need to get this unit running asap as I am behind projects. I also emailed tech support but obviously this takes some time and will try and leave a message for them tomorrow. Ideas anyone?

Thanks all...

Digitalwoodshop
07-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Check your Board Sensor readings, I had a short in the wires for the board sensor and that took out the circuit that gives you a close cover error.

See if the Z data changes too.... If not it could be a shorted wire.

It's like your living room lights are out.... but you need to get to the main problem... The power is out in the Neighborhood.....

Check the Board Sensor, and Z Data.... They tell a more complete story....

And the OBVIOUS.... Is the cover plug installed correctly? White wire to the center..... It will go both ways.... I know....

AL

Picture 1 and 2 ... My short from pulling the wires down to change the board detector.

911guy
07-25-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks for your in depth response. Yes, checked the proper way it went in, did it both ways actually....perhaps I shorted something out...also,

Just to let you and others know, I talked to two separate techies at LHR. One of them seemed to think I needed to order a new head computer board ($5.00 part). So I ordered a couple of those along with some other parts I thought I should have for spares. If that doesn't work, I am ready to sell to the highest bidder! :D

Thanks again!