PDA

View Full Version : MPW Bug in 1.150?

mtylerfl
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
I just tried opening some of my MPW files in the 1.150 Pattern Editor - they won't open -

<lists the filepath and name.mpw> Read Error: Corrupted or not a recognized format.

Anyone else notice this?

FYI - I can open any of my MPW files in 1.132 no problem.

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Yup.. Me too!

If YOU say it's a bug it must be!

mark1945
07-23-2009, 08:35 PM
I just tried mine and was about 50/50 it opened some and wouldnt open some,that really makes no sense must be some kind of bug. They all opened just fine in .134

bergerud
07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Works ok for me with 1.150 and XP pro. Are you guys running Vista?

swhitney
07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
hmmmm.... I get the occasional problem as well, running vista. Some work and some do not, with no apparent "pattern" (pun not intended).

SteveEJ
07-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I am running Vista Home Premium.. Should that really matter?

twiceretired
07-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Running
Vista Ultimate and have no problem opening MPW files, a lot of other problems with Vista, thats why I have a macbook pro also.

mtylerfl
07-24-2009, 11:46 AM
I only run Windows XP Pro - too many software/driver/device issues with Vista, so I cannot run it and have all my hardware and software work properly (high-end audio/video devices mostly). Vista has "well-known" compatibility problems with all sorts of software and hardware and I am hoping/praying the new Windows 7 will be the solution when it is released later this year and we can all say a happy "goodbye" to Vista! (Reminds me of the Windows ME disaster a few years ago - a real goof by Microsoft.:rolleyes:)

Jeff_Birt
07-24-2009, 01:25 PM
The problem is not OS dependant.

SteveEJ
07-24-2009, 02:21 PM
I only run Windows XP Pro - too many software/driver/device issues with Vista, so I cannot run it and have all my hardware and software work properly (high-end audio/video devices mostly). Vista has "well-known" compatibility problems with all sorts of software and hardware and I am hoping/praying the new Windows 7 will be the solution when it is released later this year and we can all say a happy "goodbye" to Vista! (Reminds me of the Windows ME disaster a few years ago - a real goof by Microsoft.:rolleyes:)

Sorry..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Breath.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. Breath now!

Microsoft come out with an OS that is not buggy!!

Sorry Michael.. I regressed to my MS Beta Testing days..

bjbethke
07-24-2009, 02:45 PM
I just tried opening some of my MPW files in the 1.150 Pattern Editor - they won't open -

<lists the filepath and name.mpw> Read Error: Corrupted or not a recognized format.

Anyone else notice this?

FYI - I can open any of my MPW files in 1.132 no problem.
I notice this in the last two updates - I also run XP

I have to do a workaround to bring up my PATTERN EDITOR first to make it work.

If you look at the files that it was asking for, Images and MPW files are missing. Not sure if this is part of the copy protection functions. It does have other functions showing there, not sure what they are about.

mtylerfl
07-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Steve - you are right - no such thing as an OS or any other software that is completely bug-free.:)

BJB - I tried opening the PE first, but it made no difference for me. (BTW - I believe the actual source of the problem has been discovered and will be fixed.)

gsrice
08-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Hey --

Just read your postings, I'm having the same problems running on a Mac.