PDA

View Full Version : Department of the Air Force

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 11:04 AM
I have looked and cannot find a Department of the Air Force or United States Air Force Seal anywhere.

Also, if TKDesigns could contact me please.. I just purchased 2 AF Stripes and the TSGT is clipped on the bottom.
EDIT: Thanks TKDesigns.. Fast Contact!

Thanks,

CraigR
07-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Try this http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/search/99547849/55417.html

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Thanks Craig.. Working on it now.

CraigR
07-23-2009, 12:20 PM
No problem Steve

William Blankenship
07-23-2009, 03:26 PM
.....Department of the Air Force or United States Air Force Seal......

The original graphics is hugh. I have it in black and white or color. I can send it PM if you need it?

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 04:32 PM
I got it from the site that Craig listed. Converted it to Grayscale and added a Gausian Blur. It turned ok on the screen. I am carving it now to see. I will post a carved picture of it when finished..

Thanks,
Steve

William Blankenship
07-23-2009, 05:26 PM
....I am carving it now to see. I will post a carved picture of it when finished....

Look forward to seeing it. I'm going to have to try Gaussian Blur when I carve my next line art. Your plaque looks great.

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 08:09 PM
The objects were too small. The detail was lost in the carving. I am going to re-design and upsize it to see if that helps..

dhilburn
07-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Steve

Here are two large logos that I found

http://4likng.bay.livefilestore.com/y1p0pxI61K_BVIkp_fUcusx5avAWdkyDgUyzlPr6_h-4DKinmv6vtgNY_W9WD4Za5TIolDGrP0GSuPtYWvthJZBiMKclx NU9hSJ/AirForce-full.jpg

http://4likng.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pRpF59T8WDHpKZTxbbAdZf_wNaSrIx7XmqaPiM7gkTO4-Go472xsiossn5Des8ftT-JH8jQhSHlp7JsBo8rOPPmA5-CUgZ0WX/airforcelogo.jpg

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks.. The second one will probably convert and smooth better.

Tomorrow is another day!

PCW
07-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Hey Pal,

Any chance it was the Gaussian Blur?

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Naa.. I tried to compress a large image/pattern into a small object. I will test the same patterns (1 mine and 1 someone else's) tomorrow, except a better (aka: Larger) size. I have an idea in mind that will accomplish the larger emblem and other details as well.

You doing OK? I haven't heard from BJ yet.. Hopefully soon.

PCW
07-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Steve,

I'm hanging in there and that's all one can ask for. Please keep us posted as to all development's.:D

bjbethke
07-23-2009, 09:46 PM
I made a CD of the patterns for the DOD - over 200 PTN's on it.

The USAF seals I have.

SteveEJ
07-23-2009, 10:15 PM
BJB,
Would you be interested in selling a CD? If so, how much?

Thanks,

BTW.. Did you get my PM?

bjbethke
07-24-2009, 06:42 AM
BJB,
Would you be interested in selling a CD? If so, how much?

Thanks,

BTW.. Did you get my PM?
Steve, I counted the PTN’s on the current DOD CD, there are 446 patterns on this CD, and they include the PTN, MPW, MPC and images for each pattern.

I need to keep the files less then 650 MD because there
is a limit to how much data I can put on a CD. I started making a US armed
services CD file when I first got my CW unit.

I was in the USAF from 1957-1960, most of my patterns were from the USAF then someone wanted the Navy patterns. John D. Pratt has been a great
inspiration to complete the army and Marine sections.

I do not like to sell the patterns because I do not own the images I made them from, but I have been receiving donations for the CD’s – The average donation for this CD is $60.00. You can send me a check to my PO Box below and I will send you a copy.

I received your PN –I’ll send you an e-mail to your YAHOO address.

hess
07-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Steve, I counted the PTN’s on the current DOD CD, there are 446 patterns on this CD, and they include the PTN, MPW, MPC and images for each pattern.

I was in the USAF from 1957-1960, most of my patterns were from the USAF then someone wanted the Navy patterns. John D. Pratt has been a great

I do not like to sell the patterns because I do not own the images I made them from, but I have been receiving donations for the CD’s – The average donation for this CD is $60.00. You can send me a check to my PO Box below and I will send you a copy.

Sorry to jump thread but wanted to sat thanks to ya BJB the slaps are just want I wanted and will work great. Also the wife was impressed with all you are doing Also someone mentioned a Leg mill? you have. Steve and prehap myself are looking into getting them. can you give us you insight into them. I will be up in 2 weeks got to see the WOOD the wife kept talking about

Thanks
Hess

SteveEJ
07-24-2009, 07:30 AM

Thanks,
I'll get one in te mail..