PDA

View Full Version : Photo Inserts

Boomer
07-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Ok here is the question I want to take a piece of wood and create a business logo in the wood. I also want to stray paintit and plane it just alittle leaving the logo looking real nice after I am done. Can this work like the folks do with the routers at craft shows.

cestout
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
Creating a logo can be done - some are easier than others. I have done horse and road signs with a graphic in a carved out area and Centerline or inset (reversed) printing and spray painted or stained the lettering and carved out areas and have the belt sanded or planed the paint/stain off the flat areas. works good, the the graphic must be lower than the flat area or you will take the top off. For a Postal Annex logo I used designer to do raised lettering positioned as needed (and two lines) then did "make pattern". Ask bud has a video on making logos a different way.
Clint

Kenm810
07-20-2009, 05:48 PM
You can make and Insert to fit most any size Frame

Digitalwoodshop
07-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Two other ideas.... One is high priced... Using a Laser Engraver to laser an image on a wooden card blank.... Someone in your area might have a laser and could do it at a reasonable price.....

The second is http://www.cardsofwood.com/ They sell sheet stock that you can run through your Laser Paper Printer that has a bypass for heavier card stock. Then you cut the cards....

Just 2 other ideas but making them with the CW would work too....

I used double stick tape to hold this plastic sheet stock to a board that I used a 1/16 inch cutting bit to cut out blanks.

Good Luck,

AL