olkarch
07-18-2009, 01:18 PM
What does "possible X overload" mean?

Olin

Kenm810
07-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi Olin,
See if this info Helps ---

HELP I'm overloaded (http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?t=3388&highlight=possible+X+overload)

Digitalwoodshop
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
X is the Sand Paper Belts and board Length. Overload = the current is too high.... Something is binding the board.

The right side guide should NOT touch the board.... The thickness of a Quarter away.

The Right or Left side of the board is TAPERED and jamming.

The Thickness of the board is tapered causing a jam.

X Gear Box has a broken tooth or sawdust in the gearbox.

The Sand Paper Belts have ROLLED over and are rolled under on one end or the other.... Placing a board in the machine at an angle is the leading cause of belts to roll. A bowed board is the second. Use GOOD WOOD.

Sawdust building up on top of the board and the top rollers are having a hard time compressing the sawdust to get over the PILE.

Tips and Tricks has other tips that I may have missed...

Good Luck,

AL...

Edit... Darn.... Ken is QUICKER than ME....

One more thing.... Huimidity.... when the sand paper belts get sawdust on the underside from blowing sawdust, the pitch sticks to the back of the belt like ROSIN. Combine that with humidity and the X belts sometimes have a hard time sliding on the metal trays. I sometimes find the first carve in the morning when it is humid and it measures the board and you hear the X Bogging Down.... I crank up the head a 1/4 turn to put less downward pressure on the belts.... If you go too high it will cause the board to loose contact with the brass roller and start rocking back and fourth... That is TOO HIGH....

When it does that and a 1/4 turn helps I ALWAYS start over and let it remeasure the board again. That usually helps....

olkarch
07-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks to all. I think the board was even in thickness and width, and I was careful not to have the guide too tight (done that before!). I checked the head pressure, and it is running about 95 pounds, so I suspect that, plus the inevitable sawdust on top of the project may account for it. I was trying the round box from the April 2009 Tips and Tricks, and the part with the two concentric circle cuts ended up not quite concentric, and that seems to make sense.

Olin

Dan-Woodman
07-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Always clean the rollers after every carve too.
later Daniel